Thread: Headhunter Toilet Flushes Continuously

Default Headhunter Toilet Flushes Continuously

Symptom: The toilet flushes continually and will not disengage.

I have been dealing with a Headhunter toilet issue since July. I have made the coach serviceable by installing a manual on/off switch which works fine, but is very much a southern engineered solution. In my attempts to correct this situation I have.

a. Replaced the valve.
    b. Replaced the solenoid that activates the valve.
    c. Replaced the timer that operates the length of the flush time.
    d. Replaced the actual flush button on the toilet that you push that activates the timer that activates the solenoid.

Troy Moody at Liberty suggested a couple of things to check out. A.) Make sure the switch on the valve is in the up and down position and not in the sideways position. Check. B.) Remove the spring from the solenoid and stretch it out a little to give it more strength against the diaphragm in the valve. Check.

Repeat:
    Symptom: The toilet flushes continually and will not disengage.

I am looking for any advice to assist in resolving this issue. Does anyone have any thoughts on this very frustrating dilemma?
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Tony,

I am not sure of the brand of my toilet, but I can share an issue with you. During my summer travels this year, the driver received a report of the toilet flushing continuously. After stopping, it was discovered that the plastic cam that rides on the shaft that turns when the motor activates was loose on the shaft and not activating the micro switch that control the cycle on/off. I tightened the set screw that holds the cam on the shaft and solved the problem.

I hope this helps.

Hector

Tony,
    I am still tryiing to figure out what Hector just said but it sounded great AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEGREE!
    Actually, I think you should simply raise the top of the toilet and drive a new Liberty under it.
    Be easy on us tomorrow!
    Pres

Reagan,

Your plan is much simpler! Great advise!

Hector

With all these Headhunter threads I am glad I have a gravity drop toilet.

Problem Resolved!

After some great advice from Jon, Alek, and Hector and well, Reagan is Reagan, I have successfully repaired the Headhunter toilet. I can not articulate exactly what I did, but, the problem was with the installer's lack of electrical engineering and subsequent wiring skills. I believe that I had something wired backwards to where when the solenoid opened, it would stay open and not close. I took everything apart, and to the best of my ability, thought through the process and rewired everything the way I thought it should work, and after blowing a fuse (an accidental crossing of wires), and tracing down where the fuse was located in order to replace; and a trip to Auto Zone to get a new fuse, PRESTO.............It works like a champ...............No more manual push/pull type switches.

As a benefit to the blowing a fuse issue; that led me to an electrical panel where I found a blown fuse to my cigarette lighter that has been out for a year and I have spent hours looking for. I thought it was right by the drivers seat in the electrical panel that says "cigar lighter", but no, it is in my second driver's side bay where my inverters are located. An accidental find, but am glad to have found.

Thanks to all for your help.

Reagan, I am looking forward to a great game tomorrow. I am hoping Texas doesn't decide to go to an aggressive passing attack or it could be long evening for the Ags. As we say, Saw 'Em Off.....Short, and Gigem !
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Tony, is that lighter fuse a "fuse" or a circuit breaker and what value please.

Thanks, JIM

Jim it is a 15 amp fuse. Since we both have the same year model coach our circuit numbers may match. Mine is circuit #16.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4