Thread: Newbie question about raising or dropping height

Hybrid View

My experience has been that it stops automatically at some point; not sure if it's a max up stop designed in the suspension or max air pressure has been reached. I agree with Steve re: use caution. Ride is very stiff and could cause flexing. I perform this function only when necessary. I'm uncertain whether my coach has a Prevost, Liberty or hybrid system; mine will dump air automatically back to ride height when I select normal...try it when you're stationary. When I no longer need addl road clearance, I select normal and accelerate.

All coaches are different when it comes to raising from drive height. On mine, I can switch from Ride Height to Manual. Then I can raise or lower by three seperate switches. One raises or lowers the front, two raise or lower right and left rear. The coach will raise approx. 6 inches above ride height. It is recommended to travel at a very slow rate at a lower or higher ride height. However, I have accidently driven at a high ride height when forgetting to lower several years ago. Nothing was damaged.
    Regarding dirt roads, a 45 ft. Prevost weighs approx 48,000 pounds . If the road is not properly designed, you may quickly find yourself in trouble sinking into the ground encountering wet or soft spots in the road. Engineered gravel roads are ok but stay away from the shoulders.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Here is another angle to consider on travel on the dirt driveway. Prior to travel on the dirt roads I have learned the hard way heading into campgrounds. In over 10 years twice driven into trouble. Both times listening to someone else.
    With all due respect...walk the drive way before you drive on it. Travel off hard pack dirt with your 48,000 lb bus in soft dirt with just a nano second of slowing ...your sunk into the black hole.