Thread: AQUAHOT EXHAUST BLOWING WHITE SMOKE

Default AQUAHOT EXHAUST BLOWING WHITE SMOKE

Replaced both Electric & Aquahot thermostats & flame detector & now she blows that white smoke that wasn`t their before? Will be replacing the fuel nozzle next upon Aquahots recommendation. Any ideas if this doesn`t cure it ?

Since you replaced the flame detector you may have inadvertently caused an air leak. Suggest you check the grommets where the fuel lines and igniter wires enter the burn chamber, check for any leaks in the fuel lines and check the igniter alignment. Make sure the wabasto is seated and the mount bolts are evenly tightened. I always change the nozzle, check the grommets and clean the burner chamber once a year and occasionally get some smoke afterwards. If you're satisfied you have no leaks, you can adjust the air inlet valve on the bottom of the unit. It won't take much movement to change the mixture enough to eliminate the smoke.

Changing the nozzle in itself probably isn't the problem. Not getting a good seat on a new one however can cause smoking.

Brian,
    Will double check this for sure. Checked for fuel leaks meticuously just knowing that was the problem ,but none. Thanks.

Since this condition may not have existed prior to your recent work, my comments likely will not solve your problem but, worth checking out.

I had a Webasto blowing white smoke and continued to get worse. We tore down the unit to find coolant entering the burn chamber through a small crack in the water jacket.

I Kmow you will try the nozle first...hopefully that is the culprit.
    Under normal circumstances, that would be the first suspect.
    Pres

Thanks. We`ll give`er a try next week when it arrives. I`ll give a full report.

Just a thought but perhaps a minor "sniff" of the smoke would help determine coolant or fuel??? Just my 2 cents worth (before it goes to 4 cents)

It appears to smell like fuel to me. Good thought Rodger.

Just to followup on the fix! High Voltage Electrodes were out of adjustment. After proper adjustment from Aquahot manual , all is well . hope this helps someone!!