Thread: CB Radio

Default CB Radio

On return trip from POG X the CB radio quit working. I have the Cobra hand held with all the controls in it. Called Cobra and was advised to box it up and send it in. If it a minor repair there will be no-charge, if major we'll call first.
    UPS back on Friday with repair report showing speaker was defective...no charge.

Was a nice surprise.

Al,

How effective and reliable is your handheld unit? I have had extremely poor success with my internal CB. I can hear OK, but can't communicate with anyone? A Handheld might be a better option for the occasions when I need one.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Tony,
    Better satisfied with the preformance in the Marathon. Actually I have the same model C 75 WX ST in the Marathon as was the CC Affinity. The antenna on the Marathon is premium, tall with 5 exposed wires. The Affinity was a single antenna wire, probably just the basic antenna. From the boat days, the antenna height and ground were important.

Call Cobra and run that by there service techs. Service 773-889-8870.

My wife hates the CB mostly because of all the swearing. I usually turn it on when coming into metro areas and accident scenes with reduced lane usage giving me some idea of the problem and which open lane to move into.
    Last edited by BoaterAl; 11-13-2011 at 11:02 AM.

I have been told by CB "Nuts" that my small roof mount unit is not enough. Get a trucker type that mounts onto the Dr side mirror mount and use it. I have often wondered why we don't determine a POG channel, say #12 when seeing or passing a Prevost, go to #12 and holler into the mike. I am sure we would find an occasional fellow POGGER and what fun could that lead to. Just a thought. I like to use mine when "shopping" for fuel in an unknown area and not sure. Or weather, etc. as I don't much care for the chatter from the guys using linnear (sp?) amps

Rodger,

I think that is a great idea; let the official POG channel be #12. All in favor say eye! Done!

When Pete, Dan, Roger, and I travel together we use the CB a lot. On the way to Austin for POG 10 we used the CB almost all the way.

I wish our coaches were outfitted with VHF radios instead of CBs. VHFs have a much longer range and you don't have to listen to the truckers w/linerar amps blowing you out of the cockpit.

The only problem I see is if you are meeting a fellow POGGER head-on you'll have to be quick on the draw to contact him because in 60 seconds you will be out of range of his CB! Overall, your idea is a good one and I say we adopt it.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

CB antennas and some other things....size matters.

(Sorry, I just could not pass that up)