Thread: Where to buy Norgren parts

Default Where to buy Norgren parts

Well, I have determined that there are several Norgren components that are in need of being replaced. Are most of you purchasing replacements through Prevost or are you using Norgren or another source?
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Tony,

I purchase my Norgren parts from Prevost. It will interesting to see what other outlets are available.

Hector

I have purchased thru Prevost as well as Kaman Industrial technologies/I don't think one can buy less then the entire valve thru prevost?/kaman has the spool assy. with orings for less then 15.00 dollars/ the last valve I bought from prevost was 160.00 dollars/the spool valve replaced on my H45 #1855 fixed the leak and was # nrg 54237 nitrile spool assy k71/I compared it with the spool valve that I took out and it was identical/I tried to buy just the o rings but they would have had to try and match them up,as they could not cross reference them/joe

Lightbulb

I have purchased the complete valve assembly from both Prevost and an independent supplier, depends on when I need it mostly. Obtained a spool and operative (from a supplier Prevost does not sell parts)

I only have the parts for an emergency, don't think I will ever use them though, now have new valves for that.

After disassembling several it is apparent to me that it is not wise/cost effective to attempt the repair unless you have a lot of time and are willing to test the repaired valves before use.

Used valves corrode internally from airline moisture and the corrosion creates a rough surface that wears on the rubber washer that outwardly looks like an ordinary O-ring thus destroying the seal. This is known as a LEAK! LEAKS are also caused by damaged washers on the valve spool, this caused by careless assembly or perhaps assembling with a damaged washer when new.

The images are of a spool assembly and a damaged washer, third from the left!

Note the small notch in the washer.

NORGREN SPOOL WASHER.jpgNORGREN SPOOL VALVE.jpg