Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bus repair

Thumbs up bus repair

For anyone needing repairs in the Denver Colorado area,I would highly recommend Colorado Charter Lines/303/2870239//// needing otr air charged late summer I tried to get into several places in Denver with no luck/forget Volvo,which is recommended by Prevost,they were rude and unhelpful/Colorado charter dropped everything and I had 3 guys working on different things for a good part of the day,including finding a leak in the ot road air and recharging it/Prevost in fort worth Texas had worked on it for 3 days and 4,000 dollars,in early summer//total bill was around 1000 dollars//The service mgr. is Wayne//Great place and they work on xls and H/GREAT PEOPLE/I wold love to see a list of good repair shops through out the country//I wasted a lot of time looking,and calling before finding Colorado Charter//joe cagianut/redprevost@yahoo.com

That is a great idea and could be modeled after the enclosed web site www.rvservicereviews.com. Why not ???? then repair shops are listed by state, each shop stands on it's own merits.
    Mr. Skiff how can we get ...... bus service reviews...... up and going ?

Great idea Joe.... so hard to know where to go off the top of your head when you're away from home and even when we're home at times !!

Maybe it can be set up for us??

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

I've found local or small Bus Lines to be quite handy. Often with older mechanics who have worked on everything and hoard parts that may be hard to find locally especially in my "dated" coach. Arrow Bus in East Denver just off I-70 was great for me last summer when having power steering trouble.

Arrow Bus Lines has helped me several times here in KC. They have a certified Prevost tech on there staff.

So/why do we not have a list of helpful and not so helpful places?The amount of help that I have recieved in the short time I have been a member is fantastic,thru pog,but I think it would be great to have a list I could carry,or look up in one place.It might help save time and money//joe//98 h45 vantare

The Bus Garage Index, i believe is the name and it cost 25 bucks . List all Garages and bus firms in the country

I usually have more confidence in the personal testimonials than the bought and paid for listings in a directory. Therefore, everyone keep the good recommendations coming.

Arrow Stages here in Denver has been a great asset. Gene, Svc Mgr is a good guy and pays attention to details.
    EVen let me hang out in the garage.
    As said prior, we have had good experiences with Craig and Todd in the Bus Barn at Stewart and Stevenson in Commerce City Co.,
    They are the ones who, recharged our OTR with the R-12 I provided and installed 6 rear shocks for 500 dollars. WE would have put the shocks on, but haven't yet figured out how to get the bus rear in the air.
    We will be replacing some Norgren with the spool kits, and Idon't know how we will be doing that yet.,
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 11-16-2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

I also had work done on my bus once at Arrow, they were very cordial, and got right on the job. I would go back there in a heartbeat if in the area and needed work done.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas