Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 8V Won't Fire

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Greg,

I've not checked as extensively as I should have. In order to get to the terminals on the relay one has to be flexible like a beer soaked pretzel. I'm not that flexible. That is the primary reason I've been considering a total new box with relay sockets instead of relays screwed to the top of the box with with individual wires to each relay post. In fact just getting the wires back onto the posts is a challenge since CC did not leave any slack in the wires.

The first relay that failed was in fact the wrong voltage. It burned out. I replaced it with the correct relay and it worked for one summer. Next spring, relay no workie. Winter is coming so there will be time to chase down these little problems. I've got the meters just have not had the time.

Hope all is well with you and Huong.

Guys, I curious as to where this "box" is located. My toad relays are in the bottom of the Prevost electrical panel in the rear compartment. I also battle with toad lights and its usually one of those relays that is sticking. I'm thinking of changing them out with something heavier duty as well. It never ends!