Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deka Intimadator House Batteries TEST

Default Deka Intimadator House Batteries TEST

2001 H345 VANTARE- Gave the 7/5/11 replacement house batteries a test while dry camping, a full charge, 28 degrees @ night and only the refrigirator in service along with other unknown devices that may draw from the house batteries and 30 minute period using gallery, salon & state room lights. See the attached manuf data sheet for spec`s. Results were:

4:30pm= 25.8 VDC
    10:00pm= 25.2VDC
    8:00am= 24.6VDC
    12:00pm= 25.0VDC
    5:00pm= 24.6VDC
    7:30pm= 24.4VDC

Total = 1.4VDC voltage drop entire period. Comparing to the attached manuf data after abt 15hrs they were close to 50% discharged.

Anyone ever did a similarDeka AGM Intimdator Batteries.pdfCharging Voltages.pdf test with Lifeline or Gel batteries for comparison ?

I routinely get 24 hours out of the Lifelines while dry camping before reaching 50% SOC using minimum loads and mine are 5 years old. I didn't have that success with Deka's, after 3 years they were toast and well past the 1 yr warranty. Lifeline's warranty is 1st year 100% and then prorated for 5 years.

We use DEKA batteries on our 65' Hatteras with great success and since our friend in Dallas always has them in stock at great prices we bought them for our bus to replace the existing DEKA batteries that were 6-7 years old and shot. The sensors on the batteries weren't even attached properly... no telling how long they had been that way. The new ones have been in service for eighteen months... so far so good. They say they are good if you treat them right !! We will see ...
    Having said that about them lasting 6-7 years ...we have NO idea what kind of problems they may have presented for the previous owner... they were really bad when we bought the bus.
    I know the Lifelines are great batteries... it will be interesting to see how these DEKA's do. Our friend swears by them and says he'll replace them if necessary !!

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

What a difference. Sounds like Lifelines are worth the $$ when replacing. I`m 90% of the time connected to shore power so I`m curious how long these will go. Appreciate the info Tom.

My 6 Lifelines were installed January 2006 so this coming January they will be 6 years old. Still going strong. I have never equalized them - I figured I screw something up if I tried it.

I like 'em!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

My house batteries are shot. They drop to less than 10volt within a minute of going off line. I have my charges turned down to 10.5 float in an attempt to keep from ruining the chargers. I found these local to me. Comments appreciated whether it's worth it to save a few bucks over Lifeline.

The price for the AGM4D is $325.00 each, plus tax. Batteries are in stock.

The brand of the battery is Gel Tech, made by East Penn Manufacturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Abaco View Post
    My house batteries are shot. They drop to less than 10volt within a minute of going off line. I have my charges turned down to 10.5 float in an attempt to keep from ruining the chargers. I found these local to me. Comments appreciated whether it's worth it to save a few bucks over Lifeline.

The price for the AGM4D is $325.00 each, plus tax. Batteries are in stock.

The brand of the battery is Gel Tech, made by East Penn Manufacturing.
    I believe you will find East Penn Mfg. makes DEKA as well. I cannot speak to Lifeline vs DEKA in terms of quality/reliability, but the mfg. is/was the largest mfg. of these type batteries in the states (world?), when I did my research before buying mine. Additionally, the mid-charge level ampacity in the literature provided by both Lifeline and DEKA (Intimidator) suggests the Deka is slightly better, for that particular parameter. If, however, I had it to do over again, I would not buy a gel type battery, because my house batteries are located in the engine bay and I have been convinced, by Jon, that gels are not suitable for the temperature environment there. I was ultimately persuaded by the blast furnace heat suffered by them while in Indio in the dead of summer (113) though they are still functioning well, at this point.

I had Lifelines installed in May 2010. There was no other choice to consider for my Marathon. Their customer service has repeatedly been mentioned as "beyond expectations". The classic in customer support was the Lifeline dealer (aka blood sucking weasel) who stuck his customer with old stock and refused to fix the problem.
    With all of the little things that need attention with regular bus operation, I want the best service parts.

We all know who to call for Lifelines.

I would go with the "proven" Lifelines from our own "proven" POG member !!

No 2 ways about it.

I would have done that 18 months ago had I known !

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Who makes the Lifelines ? They are the resale's, re-brand , right ?
    Anybody to correct me ?