Thread: Deka Intimadator House Batteries TEST

Hybrid View

My 6 Lifelines were installed January 2006 so this coming January they will be 6 years old. Still going strong. I have never equalized them - I figured I screw something up if I tried it.

I like 'em!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

My house batteries are shot. They drop to less than 10volt within a minute of going off line. I have my charges turned down to 10.5 float in an attempt to keep from ruining the chargers. I found these local to me. Comments appreciated whether it's worth it to save a few bucks over Lifeline.

The price for the AGM4D is $325.00 each, plus tax. Batteries are in stock.

The brand of the battery is Gel Tech, made by East Penn Manufacturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Abaco View Post
    My house batteries are shot. They drop to less than 10volt within a minute of going off line. I have my charges turned down to 10.5 float in an attempt to keep from ruining the chargers. I found these local to me. Comments appreciated whether it's worth it to save a few bucks over Lifeline.

The price for the AGM4D is $325.00 each, plus tax. Batteries are in stock.

The brand of the battery is Gel Tech, made by East Penn Manufacturing.
    I believe you will find East Penn Mfg. makes DEKA as well. I cannot speak to Lifeline vs DEKA in terms of quality/reliability, but the mfg. is/was the largest mfg. of these type batteries in the states (world?), when I did my research before buying mine. Additionally, the mid-charge level ampacity in the literature provided by both Lifeline and DEKA (Intimidator) suggests the Deka is slightly better, for that particular parameter. If, however, I had it to do over again, I would not buy a gel type battery, because my house batteries are located in the engine bay and I have been convinced, by Jon, that gels are not suitable for the temperature environment there. I was ultimately persuaded by the blast furnace heat suffered by them while in Indio in the dead of summer (113) though they are still functioning well, at this point.

I had Lifelines installed in May 2010. There was no other choice to consider for my Marathon. Their customer service has repeatedly been mentioned as "beyond expectations". The classic in customer support was the Lifeline dealer (aka blood sucking weasel) who stuck his customer with old stock and refused to fix the problem.
    With all of the little things that need attention with regular bus operation, I want the best service parts.

We all know who to call for Lifelines.

I would go with the "proven" Lifelines from our own "proven" POG member !!

No 2 ways about it.

I would have done that 18 months ago had I known !

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Who makes the Lifelines ? They are the resale's, re-brand , right ?
    Anybody to correct me ?

Lifelines are made by Concorde Battery Company I believe.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Concorde Battery Corporation, the Aerospace/Aviation manufacturer, makes the Lifeline Batteries. Lifelines are built to the same specs as the Concorde.

The customer service at Lifeline, Warranty and the ability to talk to the owners about any battery issues is unparalleled in the industry.

Am I a little biased, oh ya!!!