Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Valve Caps

Bill, is it the fact that there are leaks with the external sensors, or simply that they report falsely? If it's leaks, and I've heard others that have had similar reports, then the internal sensors do not have that issue. They are quite a bit more costly, however.

Ray:

Mine are the external sensors. They leak and report falsely. Even a slight bump in the road sets them into alarm. Again I will use the word worthless and the phrase a flase sense of security. I was guilty of denial running these things. The idea is excellent and the simpilicity is great. Bottom line they just dont work properly. I countinue today to receive emails verifying and duplicating my experiences. To each his on.

Who installs the new aka smart tire systems now, I believe another company bought the rights, and are mfg under another name I would buy these I had smart tire on my last two coaches but am traveling naked on my present coach and toad, I can tell a story of a blowout on I-95 at 9pm on the toad, I was alerted by the control panel of tire failure would not have known otherwise I pulled of the Interstate and the tire was gone 1" rubber left on rim. With it being dark I probably would have not known the tire was gone till it had eaten the rim and caught fire!

I'm old fashion I guess. I just check mine daily.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Exclamation

This one is similar to Smart tire and comes with the Prevost name behind it. Check it out you might like it.

https://www.prevostcar.com/sites/def...ystem_1_en.pdf

Jim, I will call Monday to see if I can get a price, do you happen to know how much these are installed or anyone else know? Thanks Gary

I don't have a clue on price, just that they will not be cheap. You might have to buy a new coach to get them. Just kidding.

I think the hard part will be, where to mount the "reader panel" in the dash.

Good luck, JIM

Jim:

Those look good. I would want to talk with someone that had some experience using them. I would like something; but something that actually works correctly and is reliable. I did see these on the new coaches at the Rally in Wichita Falls. Your comment to buy a new coach might be truer than you think. LOL

Going to have to wait till the bank stocks to go up "if they ever do!" to buy that new one, have taken a licking on them in the last couple years, mostly small community banks, but think people will come back to these "home town banks"

Gary, me thinks it's better to have stock in the Swiss Banks.

, JIM