Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valve Caps

Default Valve Caps

Bill Price asked me to share this:

All:
    Ok I am a little carried away on tires and inflation I realize. However I want to bring this to your attention. This is for your safety and convenience. Had I known this I would be $20,000 better. I might add the bills continue to add and I am still undergoing treatment for my ears. Yes I am making progress but this has gone on for 1 year with an additional year to go.
    After more research on my own, speaking with the leading coach technician in the United States, large truck fleet operators,a few individuals and my personal experience here are the facts:
    Tire pressure monitors are all but worthless. Yes they DO create leaks. I have reinstalled them on my current coach and again we have leaks. I have checked these and charted them and YES they leak; plain and simple. I am finding others saying there's leak or send false signals. It appears the technology is just not there as of yet. One leading coach manufacture with a factory installed system continues to have issues. What does that tell us?
    I sent everyone a link to Myers Tire Supply regarding valve cap V2B which will work with a locking air chuck. Those from local parts stores will not work as the chucks will not attach due to the taper of the valve cap device.
    A locking air chuck, a distance of 25 feet during inflation with eye and ear protection are required. Myers also offers a remote gauge that allows you to add or subtract air from a distance. There product code for that device is 54902.
    I hope not to offend those of us with tire pressure monitors but my crusade continues. These tires and the maintenance of such must he handled as an extremely dangerous procedure.
    Those of us requiring valve stem extensions on the inside duals consider replacing them yearly along with the stabilizer.
    If you have the braided hose system remove them immediately. They are not a if but when item for failure.
    I trust you will find this information useful.
    ADIOS

BILL PRICE
    FCC LICENSE:
    GROL GMDSS-O GMDSS-M
    RADAR ENDORSEMENT
    AMATEUR EXTRA

It is precisely for this reason I chose to go a more expensive route, with internal sensors, and have not had to physically check my tires in a very long time, other than a very occasional top off.

I have been very pleased with my system, but I understand SmarTire is no longer being made, but that another in-tire system is available.

Ray

I have used tire monitors on my two motor homes over a 7 year period. I have used the type that screw on made my Pressure Pro. My issues have been few and leaks I have found have either been with the extension or the tire itself. Any false alarms I have experienced have be resolved by adding a Pressure Pro repeater mounted in my rear closet.

1 Having a tire monitoring system of any kind is better that not having one at all.

2 Using Pressure Pro system has alerted me to pending tire issues on numerous times so I could take corrective action.

3 I do enjoy the ease of checking my tire pressures in the morning before departure by simply reviewing the monitor.

4 I have followed Bill's advise and purchased the remote tire filling guage. It is a great idea and offers a sense of additional safety.

Installing an integral tire sensor, mounted inside the tire, such as Ray Davis, has its merits and offers another option. I have no experience with these devices, so others can chime in.

Making sure that our heavy duty tires are properly inflated is a very critical, often overlooked item. If you ever have a tire failure, the cost of any type of preventive/monitoring equipment will be considered small, compared to the coach damage.

Not to offer any disagreement with Bill's point of view, I only offer another.

Travel safely,

Hector

I am also a Pressure Pro user with zip-zero-nada leaks. Far from "worthless" in my experience.
    John & Janene Browder
    Knoxville, TN
    2008 Marathon H3-3S

FWIW, I like my SmarTire system. Sorry to hear that they are out of business, but I have heard that parts are still available.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Anyone looking for valve stem stabilizers google .....Alcoa North America, then products. Easy to follow web site with pictures of available rubber stabilizers.

I have used Pressure Pro for about 4 years without a leak or problem,I do think that the repeater is necessary due to the length of our coaches.

Thumbs up

I use Smart Tire on Coach and Toad without trouble.

JIM

Guys not to start a war here. I to have the repeater. I have received negative reports all day regarding tire sensors. If yours work great. That is your choice. For my choice and experience i will still chose the word worthless. I view these as a false piece of security. No I am not the president of the flat earth society either.
    I to am looking for something reliable and trustworthy. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks

Bill,

I know a lot of happy people with Pressure Pro, me included with my 2nd bus using the system and it has worked well. You obviously have had a bad time at it, but I disagree with your "worthless" statement. Have you discussed your problems with Duane Sprague at L & S Safety Solutions, the US Distributor for Pressure Pro? If not, I can put you in direct contact with him and he will surely try to help resolve your problems.

Just curious.. Who's the leading coach manufacturer having Pressure Pro problems and who's the leading coach technician in the United States?