Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air Bag Aging & the 10 Year Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Attachment 9048GOOD advice. 4 new bags going on as i write.
    May be my imagination but the coach now rides a bit higher, has no air loss over several days, rides better - I also changed the belt tensioner that had a diaphram leak - It's nice to have all this stuff working right.

Another year or so and I'll have a new bus.

We need to have all our air bags replaced...does anyone have any recommendations for this kind of work in Central Illinois?

Michael, where in cent. Il. are you? I'm southeast of Springfield 20 miles. Paul.

Last year it was time for new air bags on our coach. There is not a coach company close to our home. I did some searching for a well respected heavy truck repair shop. I was led to a local heavy truck and equipment shop. The owner was not only interested in my money but also how the bus works. I ordered the bags and valves from Prevost. When I got all the parts from Prevost we set up a time for the work. I instructed the shop owner how the level low operates. They did a great job. The shop would not replace the bags with only one nut on the top studs as Prevost did on our vintage bus.
    Great service but I think the best part was a total labor charge under $600. See if you can find a respected shop then shearch POG for all the information about how to change the bags. I shared the POG information with the shop. Very well pleased and over 10,000 miles since the change with no problems.

I made a goof, The labor was under $700.