Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So.... what's yer Prevost worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Carmichael View Post
    Jon, When I was Russell Coach getting shocks put on we tried to get a air dryer replacement none in any Prevost facility they were out company wide. I believe there is an after market replacement but was afraid to try it!
    Gary,

Without looking at the parts list for your specific coach, my guess is the air dryer is a spin on Wabco cartridge. I have gotten those replacement cartridges from Fleet Pride and Truck Pro. They are common and readily available.

When I have dealt with Prevost Parts (I am sure Rob spoke to Charlie who is my preferred contact also) I ask for the trade number, not the Prevost number so I can shop the part. On a lot of parts I cannot beat Prevost prices or availability, but sometimes, such as when they are out of stock or their price is too high having the trade number enables me to shop the part locally. In the air section of the shop manual (available on line) you may actually find the air dryer manufacturer's model number and cartridge number.

It was not a spin on, and Rob was hesitant to go to the parts house?

Section 12: BRAKE AND AIR SYSTEM
    12-31
    Air Dryer
    Make .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................Haldex
    Model .................................................. .................................................. .....................................AT-87192
    Prévost number .................................................. .................................................. ..................... 70303498
    Desiccant cartridge Prévost number .................................................. .......................................... 3097369

As you can see from the above, taken from the service manual it is a spin on cartidge, and with the Haldex numbers any truck parts comany can supply what you need.