Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AquaHot Temp Control Question

Tks Russ. Did that increase the quantity of hot water ?

No - It has no effect on quantity. The quantity of heated water is what the heat exchanger inside the AquaHot holds. About six gallons I think. Those six gallons are heated to about 200 degrees according to my temperature readout. That is too hot to use directly, so there is a mixing valve that adds cold water to make the water that runs for household use. That is the valve I adjusted to make the water a bit hotter. In my case, not for the shower as it was already hot enough there and the shower has a temperature controlled mixing valve as well, but for washing dishes. I went back to my notes and found that before I adjsuted the mixing valve the hot water to my sink was 110 degrees and after adjustment 117 degrees.
    I have two roughly 2500 watt 120vac heaters, one per phase as well as the diesel burner. I have as yet not managed to run out of hot water with both systems active.
    From information given by a previous poster it sounds like my mixing valve may have been set a little low either from the factory or a previous owner The AquaHot is one of my favorite features after having propane heat and 10 gallons of hot water in my previous motor home. Good Luck! Russ

Russ, if you feel like going that extra bit, 120 deg. is recommended hygienically as the temperature for hot water.

Just sayin. JIM

FWIW 115 degree water will scald a person. Having the water a little higher and then blending with some cold is OK because you cut down on the amount of HW that you draw from your HW heater.