Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beta Testers Needed ....

He could have been a car salesman wihen he grew up.
    Wow, if programming doesn't work out, I've got a future in cars! Hey, did you happen to get my regular email I sent you last week about testing? I didn't get a response, or a bounce, so I wanted to be sure you received it.

Ray

Ray,
    I am still on board for testing. Next bus trip will me in Jan-Fed of 2012, so it would be bet to have something in place by then.
    John & Janene Browder
    Knoxville, TN
    2008 Marathon H3-3S

Great John. I hope to have something to you much before that. I've been refactoring the app to make it more correctly coded, and going through analyzers to make sure it's not leaking memory etc. So far, so good.

Ray

Default A picture is worth 1000 words

John Browder was gracious enough to allow me to share this picture of his iPad installation. John is one of my first beta testers, and will be heading out today on an extended trip. The picture shows his iPad with revision 1 of the app running, live.

Best of luck on your trip, John.

Ray
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ray what is "memory leak"? I think I have this condition but I can't find any wet spots.

Ray did you figure out if this was compatible with a 8V92?

HI Greg,

Indeed I did, and I apologize for not getting back to you previously. I did test on Steve Bennett's bus, and with an extra adapter to fit the 12 pin ALDL connector, the unit will talk on an 8v92. Jim Lane will start testing on his coach fairly soon.

I'll mention a couple of things, however, with respect to 8v92.

1. In my quick test at Steve's the unit works, however the DDEC2 didn't send as many parameters as the newer DDEC's. I didn't actually drive Steve's bus, but we did start it, and saw the typical parameters go by, like engine RPM, various temperatures etc. Ultimately I want to be able to allow the user to customize which gauges they display, but that's not quite in there today.

2. In the couple of 8v coaches I've looked at, the diagnostic connector is outside in the electrical bay, rather than near the drivers left knee (or that general area). I don't know if this will present a mounting problem or not. The device talks to the iPad via wifi, and in my bus, it simply is velcroed to the wall next to my left side. In the 8v92 buses, either the device needs to be mounted in the electrical bay, or the cable run from inside to outside. I think this all has to be determined on a user by user basis. I think the unit is strong enough that the iPad can pick it up from within the electrical bay (to the cabin), but it certainly needs testing.

Ray

Hey Ray, Looks great. I am still available to test for you as I posted back in October. Let me know. Thanks

Thanks Charles, I'll send you a note.

I'd be happy to help test too.. I've been looking for something similar online and while I found a few things, this would be ideal.