Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Military Camping

Roger,

Amen to that!
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

Terry J. Sturgis Guest

If you use the link on the second post, Military Camping, that tells you if you are eligible to camp in their camps. I am 100% DAV and my wife and I have the DOD cards that are usually needed to get on military installations.
    My service was Viet Nam 69/70 HHB 108th Arty, DMZ. THANKS to all that served!

Unfortunatey, most of us veterans are not eligible. From their site:

Military campgrounds are a benefit provided to Active Duty, Retired, 100%DAV, and a few other categories. Unless qualified under another category, a typical veteran is NOT authorized use of U.S. Military Campgrounds. This ARTICLE provides more details and copies of the appropriate regulations on who is authorized access to MWR facilities (includes campgrounds).

Ray & All: Most of us, unless a 20 yr + retiree are not eligible as you say, how-some-ever, perusing that website , I did find a very few that said they were also open to the public, with priority given to those who meet their primary criteria. There is also some "Guesting" allowed with same limitations. All said, it sounds like those of us not 20+ vets, don't get a lot of shake on this. Thats ok, those guys earned every bit of 'Bennys' they can use.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rahangman View Post
    Thats ok, those guys earned every bit of 'Bennys' they can use.
    Hear! Hear!