Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who all tow,s a Jeep !!! :)

We just got a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited. We used it on our way to the Austin POG rally on trails in Sedona, AZ, and in Red River, NM. The vehicle does not have a steering lock, and we leave the ignition off when towing. The 2012 has a new engine & transmission, and we have been averaging over 17MPG.
    Steve & Rhonda Bennett
    Dana Point, CA
    92 Marathon XL40
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
    Owner: California Coach Company, LLC

Yea Steve, we just bought our 2012 rubicon and they claimed 21 hwy but I have only got around 17 or 18,
    But we did get the mickey Thompson Baja tires and MT mags ? had to cut a little out of the plastic under guard on the front so they would not hit,
    I just had the custom plastic installed on the front grill and front of the hood (you cand hardley see it ) my son has it on his car I think it will be really good on keeping rock chips off the front end, I am looking into getting some tear off windshield covers like the race car drivers to save the windshield during travel also, when behind the bus,
    Thanks for all the good info guys I hope to find some trails in AZ and get some use out of my D-90 Nikon,
    Hey The 2012 Catlog just came out and they have a Jeep trailor big tires good ground clearance and in unfolds into a small camper pretty cool but around $11,000
    When I get down there I will post some pics,
    Last edited by lbriant; 11-03-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

Looking into a small 2 to 3 '' lift for our Rubicon, Front tires are hitting at the top with swaybar diconnected on hills? any Ideas or opinions on lifts?
    Would like one to increase flexibility off road and will ride as good or better on the road ????

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

I put AEV's 2 inch spacer lift on our rubicon. The spacers did not change the ride or drive. Be aware with all the new electronics the streeing wheel has to be dead center for all the elctronics to work correctly. With the two inches of lift there has been no problem and I did not recenter the steering.. I do have AVE's front bumper and a warn winch. With the added stuff the rubicon most likely is not 2" higher than when new.

Larry,
    What sort of base plate configuration do you have with your AEV? I am interested in adding this bumper to my 2012. I currently have a Blue Ox base plate installed, and I do not think it is compatible with the AEV.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry W View Post
    I put AEV's 2 inch spacer lift on our rubicon. The spacers did not change the ride or drive. Be aware with all the new electronics the streeing wheel has to be dead center for all the elctronics to work correctly. With the two inches of lift there has been no problem and I did not recenter the steering.. I do have AVE's front bumper and a warn winch. With the added stuff the rubicon most likely is not 2" higher than when new.
    John & Janene Browder
    Knoxville, TN
    2008 Marathon H3-3S

I had a base plate made by a local welding shop for my roadmaster tow bar. The base is removable with 4 bolts. It mount to the tow brackets that are part of the AVE bumper. Those brakets mount with 6 half inch bolts. The base plate mounts to the AVE brackets with a one inch bolt and a 5/8 bolt on each side. If interested I take a photo of the base plate and E-mail you the picture. Roadmaster base plates cost more than I paid for a very strong base plate.

Thats a Killer Idea Larry,
    I am in the process of a 2 1/2 " lift on our Rubicon also, the wider tires were hitting the top of the fenders when Wheeling,
    i am also looking at getting a winch, First I think I am going to get some Rock Slider Running boards, I havent decided what style I want yet?
    I always wondered about somthing to slide into the sterling tow recivers on the Jeep that could be usfull when not in tow,
    I was thinking of fabricating some type of skid plate to slide in there?

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

I started a Jeep Owners Group If anyone wants to Join up and Talk anything about Jeeps, trails, Aftermarket Parts, Experiences etc etc
    Last edited by lbriant; 11-03-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Default Here it is :)

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Thanks for the info and the people who joined the Jeep Owners Group !!!

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley