Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who all tow,s a Jeep !!! :)

Default Who all tow,s a Jeep !!! :)

If you tow a jeep, post it here
    Anyone doing any trail riding while travling lets here about it,,,
    Good trails and trips you have experienced,
    We are going to try to find some down by Lake Havasu in AZ here shortly.
    Mix it with a little gold digging, my cousin lives down ther and has alot of equipment, It takes allot of good Tequilla to find any gold thats all I have learned so far .)
    I am starting to figure out ,it,s not about the Gold

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

Les and Lana have an 06 Rubicon and have done some extensive off-roading around Breckenridge, CO, Gunnison, CO and Ouray, CO. Great fun.

'07 Liberty. Wife gets scared going over elevated over pass. Off road has not been explored to date. The Locster occasionally tows a pretty mean Jeepster and has been know to get it in some rather precarious locations.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

We tow an '05 Grand Cherokee that we have had off road a few times but this last January we bought an '06 Rubicon Unlimited that we use extensively in the Yuma desert. It's a hoot.

Since 2001 have towed a jeep. Just finished a 6000 mile trip towing 2010 Unlimited. Live 30 mile from Ouray and 150 miles from Moab. We do alot of jeeping in CO, UT, AZ and some in NM. Jeep works great as a toad but better to explore the unknown.

Here is a question, I never towed my other jeep sahara, we only used our toyota camery for our toad, we had to leave the key in it to keep the steering from locking, somtimes if we drove a very long day the battery would go down, I know a simple batt diconect would work,
    but now we are ready to tow our new Rubicon and I found out they dont put steering locks in them anymore because they are towed so much, yet the towing instructions say disconnect the negitive cable and turn the key one notch ?
    I dont understand why you would need to, How do you guys tow yours?

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Looks like a killer trip Elliot, you must have a nice camera too, good pics !!!!

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Larry, Thanks for the positive comments, we just have a Canon point and shoot but Evy has a good eye so she in in charge of the pictures, I'm in charge of the driving, and I like my job much better. We just have a fraction of the pictures on the site as we did ten trips last spring before we had to leave Yuma.

Quote Originally Posted by lbriant View Post
    Here is a question, I never towed my other jeep sahara, we only used our toyota camery for our toad, we had to leave the key in it to keep the steering from locking, somtimes if we drove a very long day the battery would go down, I know a simple batt diconect would work,
    but now we are ready to tow our new Rubicon and I found out they dont put steering locks in them anymore because they are towed so much, yet the towing instructions say disconnect the negitive cable and turn the key one notch ?
    I dont understand why you would need to, How do you guys tow yours?
    I towed a 2008 Wrangler Sahara thousands of miles. It had a steering lock, and we had to leave the key on one click and lift the white fuse in the under hood fuse box. Never disconnected anything. Late, I disabled the steering lock and from then on removed the key, put in Neutral, and that's it. No problems.

I just bought a 2012 Wrangler Sahara. We just completed a 6 week 6000+ mile trip towing it. No steering lock, never left the key in or pulled a fuse, no problems. Very easy and reliable.
    Last edited by johnbrowder; 10-24-2011 at 08:24 AM.
    John & Janene Browder
    Knoxville, TN
    2008 Marathon H3-3S

Our 2010 Rubicon came with instructions to leave the key on and unhook the battery. I jacked up the front end and turned the steering lock to lock with the key in my pocket (no steering lock). Have towed over 8000 miles with the battery hooked up and the key in my pocket.