Thread: GPS ??

Hybrid View

Two weeks ago we completed a 53 day trip of 6500 miles. A friend who drives truck loaned me his Cobra Truckers GPS. It does not have some of the features of others but the 7 inch screen along with entering the size, wieght and length of the coach was a plus. The Cobra also advises of known speed traps. The Cobra did a great job giving us the proper lane to use at interchange and junctions. The Corba can be found on Ebay for under $300. It will also advise you of low under passes and wieght limited roads.

I recently bought a Garmin 465T, truckers GPS on e-bay for 255.00. After 3,000 miles, I like it. It comes with FM Traffic Alert, NTTS breakdown directory and a separate points of interest for trucks. It's also Bluetooth and paired with my Droid with no problem.

Jon always pairs with his Droid!!!

I'm going to complain to managment for the use of what appears to be inappropriate language.

I learned from Tom what GPS means (in his case it means Gotta Pee Soon), so that is OK, but when you start comparing your Droids and Blue Teeth I get concerned.

My GPS is made of high quality paper, has many pages, and in a pinch can be used to swat flies.

I hear ya Jon,

A buddy of mine was extolling the virtues of his new "moving maps" GPS and asked if that's what I had.

My reply was "Well, duh!.... that's the whole point! I move 'em all around the country!"

Good to see another traditionalist. GPS..........$200 plus on ebay. Rand McNally, $9.95 at Barnes and Noble, and $9.95 each year for upgrades.

Try using a highlighter on your electronic GPS. Try to get the latest model GPS to fit in the same size hole in the dash as the previous one. My GPS doesn't have that whiny bitch that is constantly recalculating. You get the picture.

Jon,

Please don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

The Nuvi 465T is now available as the Dezl 465LMT. This is a larger screen, and specifically has profiles for auto, rv and trucks. It also has lifetime map updates, and lifetime traffic receiver.

I've used mine all the way across the country, and it did an excellent job. I did have the opportunity one time, pulling out of a Walmart, and configured for RV profile (45 foot), it didn't try to have me make a u-turn at a light, which would have happened with an automobile based GPS. It routed me around 3 left turns, and got me exactly where I needed.

One other benefit of the Dezl, it doesn't yell at you with the "Recalculating" response, when you go off the course set out by the GPS. It silently recalculates, and keeps you going.

Recommend highly.

ray