Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPS ??

Jon,

Please don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

The Nuvi 465T is now available as the Dezl 465LMT. This is a larger screen, and specifically has profiles for auto, rv and trucks. It also has lifetime map updates, and lifetime traffic receiver.

I've used mine all the way across the country, and it did an excellent job. I did have the opportunity one time, pulling out of a Walmart, and configured for RV profile (45 foot), it didn't try to have me make a u-turn at a light, which would have happened with an automobile based GPS. It routed me around 3 left turns, and got me exactly where I needed.

One other benefit of the Dezl, it doesn't yell at you with the "Recalculating" response, when you go off the course set out by the GPS. It silently recalculates, and keeps you going.

Recommend highly.

ray

We use the Rand McNally trucker GPS - IntelliRouteŽ TND™ 700. From what I understand, it is similar to their new RV GPS. We love it. It includes height, width and weight information and lots of control over the route. The user interface is intuitive. Easy to find distance to rest stops, truck stops, etc.

TripMakerŽ RVND™ 7710
    Be the first to review this product

In stock, ships in 1 to 2 business days

$ 399.99
    Qty:Add to CartOR
    Add to Wishlist
    Bookmark and Share
    Quick Overview
    Built for RV Adventures. Now available with a larger screen! This Rand McNally 7” GPS device is designed specifically for the RVer and camper!
    Rv-easy routing begins with a base of outstanding navigation from Rand McNally – routing includes legal weight and height restrictions designed for the type of RV you are using.

The RVND™ 7710 layers on all the information you need to have an enjoyable and safe trip in your RV.
    Features and tools specifically for the RV-er include:
    RV-type routing – Choose from eleven types of RV, or car and number of trailers
    RV Logs and Checklists – don’t forget the details for vehicle preparation. This feature provides simple checklists for seasonal prep and take down, campsite prep and takedown and more!
    Trails – track your progress from the main road to your campsite so you can easily return.
    “Best of the Road” – three to four day adventures including unique stops, photos of the locations, maps and more to plan memorable adventure.
    RV Critical Information – campgrounds, dealers, parking, rest areas, travel centers.

Learn more ►

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

Thinking about this one?

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Well I recived my new TripMakerŽ RVND™ 7710 Made for RV's
    here is a link

http://rand.factoryoutletstore.com/c...RVND-7710.html

It is great, tells you mile markers right on the money low bridges, etc etc you enter your weight, length, height and it will tell you if your legal in each state also speed warning you set how far over speed limit if you want a warning I set it for 5 over it will also tell you when the speed limit changes ahead, Wow it it really nice I give it a thumbs up !!!

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Good choice. The only problem I have had with ours is that it erased my custom lists the first time I updated.... Not an Apple product for sure!

Wow .
    I havent got that far yet
    seems nice so far, thank for your imput !!

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Quote Originally Posted by lbriant View Post
    Well I recived my new TripMakerŽ RVND™ 7710 Made for RV's
    here is a link

http://rand.factoryoutletstore.com/c...RVND-7710.html

It is great, tells you mile markers right on the money low bridges, etc etc you enter your weight, length, height and it will tell you if your legal in each state also speed warning you set how far over speed limit if you want a warning I set it for 5 over it will also tell you when the speed limit changes ahead, Wow it it really nice I give it a thumbs up !!!
    Larry - I received my new RVND 7710 last week, too! So far I'm impressed - although I'll admit that getting used to the GUI and display (different from the Garmin that I'm used to and comfortable with) has been a liitle challenging! At the end of the day, I think I'll like it just fine and will come to appreciate many of the RV specific features!

Went to camping world to play with one and made the decision to upgrade with an RV specific GPS. Having read the info on the outlet store site, discounted price, no sales tax and free shipping decided it was the place to purchase. Just placed my order.

My existing GPS is a Kenwood combo unit with radio, ipod player, back up camera and GPS. Should be interesting to compare route guidance.