Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS ??

Default GPS ??

opinions on GPS for the bus, my 2000 has 2 built in but outdated alpine with different cds for different areas, I have a portable NUVI i have been using but I recently heard of one I think it is randmcnally that has one for large rvs where you can put in your height and length ??
    any thought s or experiences would be good

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

Google Garmin Dezl,I think that their data base is better than most.

I use the Garmin nuvi 465T with lifetime updates. Nothing is perfect, but this one does let me enter the profile of my bus.

Ease your way down the highway with the nüvi 465T - the first nüvi designed specifically for the over-the-road trucking industry. Featuring specialized routing options throughout the lower 48 states and truck friendly points of interest, this full-featured navigator was made for life on the road. The nüvi 465T also lets you create custom vehicle profiles tailored to what you're driving and what you're hauling

For an in-dash system with all the bells and whistles including Garmin GPS, back up monitor, Sirius/XM and Silver Leaf compatible, check out the Kenwood KNX radios.

I went with the Rand McNally RVND for the reasons you said. As a bit of a techy, I have to say that I like it. The only problems I have had so far were when the custom checklists I put in were deleted by an update. The sound is loud, the maps clear, the speed limit warnings timely, and the functions useful and intuitive.

Two weeks ago we completed a 53 day trip of 6500 miles. A friend who drives truck loaned me his Cobra Truckers GPS. It does not have some of the features of others but the 7 inch screen along with entering the size, wieght and length of the coach was a plus. The Cobra also advises of known speed traps. The Cobra did a great job giving us the proper lane to use at interchange and junctions. The Corba can be found on Ebay for under $300. It will also advise you of low under passes and wieght limited roads.

I recently bought a Garmin 465T, truckers GPS on e-bay for 255.00. After 3,000 miles, I like it. It comes with FM Traffic Alert, NTTS breakdown directory and a separate points of interest for trucks. It's also Bluetooth and paired with my Droid with no problem.

Jon always pairs with his Droid!!!

I'm going to complain to managment for the use of what appears to be inappropriate language.

I learned from Tom what GPS means (in his case it means Gotta Pee Soon), so that is OK, but when you start comparing your Droids and Blue Teeth I get concerned.

My GPS is made of high quality paper, has many pages, and in a pinch can be used to swat flies.

I hear ya Jon,

A buddy of mine was extolling the virtues of his new "moving maps" GPS and asked if that's what I had.

My reply was "Well, duh!.... that's the whole point! I move 'em all around the country!"

Good to see another traditionalist. GPS..........$200 plus on ebay. Rand McNally, $9.95 at Barnes and Noble, and $9.95 each year for upgrades.

Try using a highlighter on your electronic GPS. Try to get the latest model GPS to fit in the same size hole in the dash as the previous one. My GPS doesn't have that whiny bitch that is constantly recalculating. You get the picture.