Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on 2008 Vantare H3-45

Default Opinions on 2008 Vantare H3-45

Considering a trade from a 2006 Legendary XLII to a 2008 Vantare H3-45. Group opinions on the level of quality of the Vantare in the 2007-2008 time frame?

Before you head out to buy that Vantare, check the chassis model year and compare it to your Legendary. You might be trading for the same model year or older. It is going to be difficult getting a good comparison between the two coaches or even an opinion of the Vantare build question for the vintage unless there is someone out there in POG land that has experience with the range of Vantare coaches.

And in case nobody has done so, welcome to the asylum. There will be times when you actually get correct answers here.

I know of a 2007 Vantari H3 that the owner is very happy with,make sure the Crestron or Amx is working properly and as Jon said verify the year of the chassis.Count from the end of the serial number 8 places and a 08 should have a 7 which would make it an 07 shell,if it is a 6 then adjust the price accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipster View Post
    Considering a trade from a 2006 Legendary XLII to a 2008 Vantare H3-45. Group opinions on the level of quality of the Vantare in the 2007-2008 time frame?
    These were the end of the run coaches for Featherlite, the last dozen were finished after the buy-out by Amadas of the Featherlite Vantare name. Go through all the AMX operations VERY CAREFULLY, as they had some software issues with the last 2 dozen after they started expanding the AMX control of other coach functions. If all that works well, then you should be okay. Most of the other major items were pretty standard as far back as the Featherlite aquisition of Vantare from Mr. Guth in 1997. If you end up trading for the Vantare, keep Rick and myself in mind if you have any questions or issues you need help with.
    Ben Cummings
    U.S.A. Luxury Coaches, LLC
    Clearwater, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Clipster View Post
    If you don't mind, why are you looking to trade? Just like the H-3 better, or are you having issues with the Legendary?

We have had very few negative issues with the Legendary. The Rotel surround sound component has lost power, but this could just be a loose plug. Through 6,000 miles, the coach has been great. The Vantare is bank owned, two years newer (I think), and has bath and a half floor plan. The bank also understands that they would be taking the Legendary as part of the deal. I really like the looks of the XLII better, and it drives like a dream. At the end of the day, the decision is about getting an upgrade for not very much cash.

I appreciate the response. Is there a fix for the software issue, if they crop up?

Thanks for the welcome and the input. Membership has been very rewarding so far in obtaining information about the Legendary, as well as general conversion stuff. We are having a blast with the coach, and have spent the last week in perfect weather at Heritage in Orange Beach, AL.

There are several that can re-program the AMX system,I also understand that an Ipad can be integrated into the system,I know that Amadas can do that.

Clipster,What year is the shell?