Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on 2008 Vantare H3-45

I hope it is a 2007. That's the first thing I will check when I get back home tomorrow. Still in Orange Beach enjoying the heck out of the Legendary right now!!

Clipster,

I have seen coaches advertised as a 2010 for example and the Prevost serial number showed the shell to be a 2006 and the Detroit engine build date was in 2005. If you are the type owner that hangs on to a coach for long time you are likely more concerned with the hours, miles and condition of the coach in addition to having it appear exactly as you like it.

But if you tend to trade often (my guess based on this thread) make sure you really know the dates of manufacture. I say this not only because others who buy coaches are knowledgible about the model year of the shell and it does play a factor in the price of the coach, but because you are getting into a vintage where Prevost started to make some significant changes. If my thinking is 2008 for example I am going to expect to see an early version of the multiplex system. It is those types of changes that a savvy buyer will be expecting and a coach without them is going to clearly be identified as mis-titled in the monds of some although I believe a converter can title a coach as much as four years newer than the chassis build date legally.

Earlier this year a Florida dealer sold a used 2007 Featherlite that had a 2003 shell date.The buyer apparently did not know that in 2004 Prevost made several changes including upgrading the front axle and 365 tires.

From the pictures I received, the bus has a 2007 emission standards engine. (particulate filter canister on top rear drivers side) I think that would make the shell at least a 2007. I will check the VIN when I get home.