Thread: storage/enclosed or covered

Default storage/enclosed or covered

We are in the San Antonio Tx. area and are looking for covered or enclosed storage for a 45 ft. H model/does anyone know of any storage available?we would be willing to look at secure storage and pay year round if available/will expand the area to Houston,or south of San Antonio/need a place till at least Christmas/in San Antonio area for the next week looking/thanks joe 509 6712952 or email redprevost@yahoo.com

Joe,

Storage is the best thing you can possibly do for your coach when you are not using it. If possible get storage with 50 amp power because the second best thing is to keep everything in a state of readiness. I never shut down my coach unless I am servicing the batteries or electrical system. With all the high end coaches around I am surprised nobody sees this as a busines opportunity to create secure environmentally controlled storage for coaches. I saw one on the way back from POG X but I cannot remember where it was.

Boater Al saw the opportunity and has fantastic storage in KC with all the goodies. For those looking for space, how about telling folks what to look for Al?

Thanks Tom,
    My storage bldg. has 8 private stalls appox each 15 1/2 ft to 16 ft wide and 60 Ft long with 14 ft electric garage door. All steel built in 1999, insulated, heated with overhead natural gas heaters ceiling mounted at both ends of bldg. Inside walls separate each stall with steel panel rising from floor appox 15 Ft. Each end left open appox 6 inch. This allows the warm heated air to circulate throughout the bldg. Works very well in the winter with temp kept at appox 42 deg. Summer screened vents at each end for fresh air circulation. Coaches are not winterized. City water, sewer dump, 30 amp electric in each stall. 200 amp bldg service. Bldg set way back on lot, 10 inch concrete on inside floors, 8 inch on 125 Ft frontage apron. Lots of room for coach washing and toad hook up before going into street. I'm aware of 3 cloned bldgs with layout pretty much the same. Inside sewer is most often the non approved item using common outside dump now.
    Storage of diesel pushers only.
    Flying J service across the highway. Grocery, liquor, deli walking distance. Only ID on bldg is the street numbers, no signage. 100% rented 5 1/2 years, 2 on wait list.

Al... Your storage facility sounds awesome.. can I ask you how much you charge for a stall? It sounds great... We badly need many of these facilities around the country.Just doesn't to be available anywhere. Nice meeting you in Austin.
    Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by BoaterAl View Post
    Thanks Tom,
    My storage bldg. has 8 private stalls appox each 15 1/2 ft to 16 ft wide and 60 Ft long with 14 ft electric garage door. All steel built in 1999, insulated, heated with overhead natural gas heaters ceiling mounted at both ends of bldg. Inside walls separate each stall with steel panel rising from floor appox 15 Ft. Each end left open appox 6 inch. This allows the warm heated air to circulate throughout the bldg. Works very well in the winter with temp kept at appox 42 deg. Summer screened vents at each end for fresh air circulation. Coaches are not winterized. City water, sewer dump, 30 amp electric in each stall. 200 amp bldg service. Bldg set way back on lot, 10 inch concrete on inside floors, 8 inch on 125 Ft frontage apron. Lots of room for coach washing and toad hook up before going into street. I'm aware of 3 cloned bldgs with layout pretty much the same. Inside sewer is most often the non approved item using common outside dump now.
    Storage of diesel pushers only.
    Flying J service across the highway. Grocery, liquor, deli walking distance. Only ID on bldg is the street numbers, no signage. 100% rented 5 1/2 years, 2 on wait list.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

I have great conscientious tenants and several over 5 years with me. With lots of input on stall rents fees I have leaned toward reasonable rent fees with full occupancy. Here in KC we compete with the caves that have been mined for storage of everything you can think of. Constant temp and low humidity offer RV storage, boats, cars, warehouse, cold storage, and even manufacturing. 18 wheelers travel miles underground in Lenexa KS.
    Got a little off the topic Larry, anyhow $350.00 month.
    It was nice meeting you and all the POG members at Austin. I had a great time.

Joe,

I keep my bus in a storage unit about 5 miles north of Dripping Springs, which is north of San Antonio towards Austin. The units are enclosed with 50amp power, no water. I spoke to the owner of the facility and he has a larger unit available for a minimum lease of "6-12 months" It is very large - 22'x70' with a 14' electric operated door. The only downside to these units in my opinion is they are on a short caliche' road which creates some dust. Otherwise, good spot. I have been there for over 2 years.

Let me know if you are interested and I will put you in touch with the guy. gordondeen@fastmail.fm

Thanks to all who have helped me in my quest for storage/finally found one this morning near San Antonio/enclosed 14 by 50 ft. with 25 amp service/any pog members traveling in the pacific n/west next spring or summer,we live off hwy 2 north of Spokane washington at diamond lake/have 50 amp/water and sewer/and lake view,good fishing off our dock,and we will even cook up a cow,or some fresh rainbow trout from the lake/thanks again/joe 5096712952/we will be winter texans and hope to meet some of you in December when we come back

Joe..
    So glad you found a place for the bus... have a good safe trip home.
    Diane

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD