Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for info ???

Red face looking for info ???

anyone have any info on ABC Coach in Fairbuilt Mn,
    I need to get some Dogbone bushings replaced and a smashed aqua hot tailpipe ?
    and maybe just a once over on the drivetrain ???
    they seem to be one of the largest close to iowa?

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

Really?
    No one???
    Wow I never thought I could stump this group???

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

A little help from KC just for the record....

I just went over to RV Service reviews and found two )2) postings. The last was 2009. Don't recall any postings positive or negative on CCO (Country Coach Owners) over the years.

www.rvservicereviews.com

AL

Thanks Al,
    good to know,
    I think I will give them a shot I will post with my results,

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

ABC has had my coach since Monday, for the first time I was able to get under it , They have pits in there stalls,
    I had 16 bushings missing, and bad upper and lower ball Joints, Yet the Bus drove perfect?
    I knew the front bushings were totally gone But I didnt know they had the same ones in the back, and there two sided bushings so it takes two for one bushing
    I also had the engine and gen, seviced and fully greased and ran a new Aqua hpt muffler which I accidently smashed they have been doing very good work I stayed there for 4 days then came home it will be done next monday,
    the problem was getting parts from canada every thing had to be over nighted or it would have been done already,
    I will post with my final report,
    The leveling system works off the sway bar also so it should make a big difference !!!

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

At our Rally in Austin, the Prevost Seminar. We were told that the bushings may look bad but they are probably ok. A mechanic needs to use a crow bar and test each of the
    sway bars to see if the bushing is bad. The bushings will look frayed around the edges but that doesnt mean anything. Most non Prevost mechanics won't know this.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

They were not just bad they were all completly gone all 8 the replacment for the old rubber bushing is a two sided nylon bushing that should not rot out my coach is a 2000 but only has about 70,000 miles I think that is worse on a coach than miles somtimes ? I saw the front before I took it in but I didnt know the back had the same bushings,
    the ball joints probably were not bad but the rubber was gone and all rusted so I said do it might as well get it all straight now then I will feel better on the road should last me awhile I belive,
    With the Dog Bone bushings out you can hear a clank when you hit a bump, when you look it is easy to see they are completly missing, I am sure it was like that when I bought it last year,
    on the good side the engine and gen, tranny seem spotless and like new,
    the tires were a little over 800 a piece
    Last edited by lbriant; 10-29-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Gary is correct and if I remember what Bill Jensen said correctly it was if the pin going through the bushing is secure in the bushing the bushings are OK.

I do know however that in a relatively few miles if the polyurethane bushing does begin is final death throes those things are gone. I have similar bushings in my stabilizators and within a 1000 miles they went from being good during a visual inspection to gone. Not cracked or bad looking, but GONE.

Gary, speaking of the Austin Rally, I wish to again thank you for the electrical help when I arrived. Finding only one hot leg at the pole. Gary diagnosed the problem as the breaker switch and the park maintenance guy came down for the repair.

Did you get a chance to try the new headlights at night you had installed on your bus ?

Hi Al. The new lights are awesome! No comparison to the originals. They light up the night.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide