Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for info ???

There are two conversations here about bushings, front suspension and sway bar. Each using different bushings types.

JIM

Yes I am having them all replaced on my bus right now
    All 8 of the sway bar Bushings are already done The replacements are two piece Nylon or synthetic? so you need 16.
    They are replaceing upper and lower Ball joints now, maybe they were not real bad but the rubber was all gone and they were rusted up pretty good I just wanted to get a good 12 yr replacment done and hopfully it will be good for another 10 or 15 yrs with the new style bushings,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I dont like to scrimp on my steering components .)

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

Going up this morning to pic up the bus Wow had allot of work done !!
    Thats going to hurt .)
    But hopfully it will last a while I will get 2 more tires next year Im in my rotation of changing them out
    I will let you know how it turns out !!
    If I have enough Fuel money to get home .)

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

I was pretty satisfied with ABC Coach in Fairbault MN
    I had my Aquahot tail pipe wrapped and replaced 2 new Mich, Tires and moved some around, all the Dogbone bushings were gone and they replaced all of those with the Nylon half bushings, 16 total for 8 bushings (they should last better than the rubber ones ) Upper ball joints and arms replaced and lower Ball joints, Full engine service , Full generator service, Two new radiator caps, both drive wheel inner seals replaced. All engine belts replaced, Full lube job !!!
    Drives like new no more Clunking on bumps
    Total $9,500

They were running busses in and out of that huge place like crazy !!
    They had a Passenger coach in there that was gone back to the front tires and they had the framework all built back on, Wow what a batch of wires hanging out the window ?? dont know how they would ever get it back together again,, Glad it was not Mine

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

I've used ABC in Costa Mesa three times. The first time they bent over backwards, and I was very pleased. Second and third times, I was not as pleased. I ended up having $2000 of work done at Prevost after a service at ABC, where I would have thought they would have caught the issues that Prevost found?

I can't say that I am really "unhappy" with them, just less pleased than after my first very successful service with them.

Ray

Thanks Ray for your imput,
    The only thing so far that I was not really pleased with was the time frame and that was not there fault, I was going to stay so I checked in a motel and after 4 days I drove the Jeep home, It was just the delayed shipping time from prevost??
    so it was oit of everyones hands, The Mechanic Mike, spent allot of time with me and took me under the bus in the pit, the first good look I got on the old Girl, She is pretty straight, after everything he told me to put some miles on it and then might get the alignment checked, From all the front end work,
    I would have used Prevost but they are just too far away and didnt fit into my schedule,
    I drove home aboit 3 1/2 hrs and it drove great !! Hope it keeps it up,
    The price for all that work didnt seem to bad to me, What do you think?

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Larry,the light bulb just lit up here in KC.
    I don't know if you have made a choice for the alignment on your bus. A good place to get it done with an inspection of all the new parts would be Precision in Elk River, MN.
    Dick, is working-owner. They are listed on RV Service Reviews. Excellent, is the only rating they have ever received. This shop is a major frame repair and heavy duty alignment. Last time I was there on one of the 3 in ground frame racks was tandem axle dump truck that hit a curb. The only problem was the snow plow with a wing was down.
    You will be impressed.

Thanks AL,
    I think we will be leaving here between monday and wednesday for AZ ?
    With a short lay over in springfield MO, then off to Lake Havasu AZ, need to hit one along the way this time?
    Wouldnt hurt to do it in AZ it drives fine just not sure where to go,

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

I was sent to a heavy duty shop here in KC for my front end align. The referral came from Arrow Stage Lines. Arrow runs mostly Prevost so to them it was just another bus. I remember another post about Arrow with locations around the U.S. for a referral. Now my Marathon pretty much drives itself. Should not have any problem with the Vantare, other then to wear sunglasses with all the shinny new parts.
    Larry,
    If you travel I-35 to KC with a jump over to Hwy 71 towards Springfield you are more then welcome to park overnight at the our RV storage ( we only store diesel pushers) in Peculiar MO. Flying J in Peculiar is on east side and our storage is on west side of Hwy 71. We are about a 1/2 mile west, all paved road, quiet, safe, and free. Grocery, liquor, deli 2 blocks from parking lot.

Larry & Nancy, I had my coach fully aligned at Crumps in Springfield ,MO last year and am very satisfied, they are in the book and can do a lot of other maintenance and there is a large Detroit Facility only 1 block away. Thought I might mention it as you mentioned a stopover in Springfield.