Thread: Body Shops

Default Body Shops

Messed up and hit a guard rail with the passenger side of the bus. H3-45 with damage the full length of the right side. The coach is in Decatur, IL. Can anybody suggest a body shop that would do a good job on a repair in this part of the Midwest?

Your best bet, one that would not depreciate the value of your coach and really not that far from you would be Prevost, Nashville, about 356 miles distant.

They stand behind their work for one year and will repair to factory specification.

If you have a Liberty, they would be somewhat closer and in Chicago. Liberty may not have body shop connections in IL as they do in FL.

Sorry to hear about your mishap, is the coach reliably drivable?

Please fill in your signature it helps one to give a more correct answer.

JIM

I'm new at POG and don't know all the protocol yet. The coach is drivable and I appreciate the thoughts of Prevost @ Nashville. I use Prevost at Ft Worth for mechanical work but have never had a need for body work. I'm under the impression though that Ft Worth is very slow on body work, they work on that when they don't have anything else to do. I'm guessing Nashville would not be that way?
    David A. Lowe
    2000 Featherlite H3-45

Have you check with POG sponsors?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Can't help but put a word in for Xtreme Paint & Graphic, here in Nacogdoches, TX sounds like it could be on your indirect path home if you're having service done in Dallas. Give them a call, they are above average in ability & results, as well as friendly and amenable to everyone's needs . Good luck, sorry about the "OW"

Thanks for all the input. At this point I'm leaning toward Prevost at Nashville. I've talked to them and feel it would be done very well. I'm concerned about how long it may take them but I want a first class job. I'm assuming that Prevost is one of the POG sponsors. Does Extreme Paint & Graphic do the paint work for Foretravel? Do they also do body work or just paint? Can they get a 45 ft coach in their paint booth?
    Thanks for all the help.

David A. Lowe
    2000 Featherlite H3-45 DS

Hi David,
    Check out Extreme Paint. I met the owner at the rally in OKC.
    He will take care of you.
    Call me some time.
    Jim

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

Last June, while staying at Holiday Park in the Fort Worth area, a lawn maintenance worker tried to mow under our salon slide with her giant zero turn radius mower.....the handles on the mower scraped along our slide for over 4 feet.
    After many phone calls and references, we took our coach to North Texas RV in Krum...888-399-0973....just north of Denton.
    They were wonderful to work with and did an outstanding job.
    We do not hesitate for a second to recommend them.

Although they are not in the "midwest", I used Coachworx in Tampa for some paint work last winter. I was happy with the work and thought that the charges were very reasonable. Although it would be a trip for you I would rather have my coach in the south this time of year than at home. Call Frank, I am sure he can help you out.

I just left Xtreme yesterday and at this time, they have 2 XL2's and a brand new H on hand for complete paint jobs. Yes, they do a lot if not all of the painting for Foretravel, but, let James Stallings, the owner tell you about it. I am amazed at some of the jobs I saw them doing.