Thread: Aftermarket Side and Back up cameras ?????????

Default Aftermarket Side and Back up cameras ?????????

Anyone have any good info on cameras,
    I have a Back up camera on my coach but I am going to a stacker trailer and need a camera installed on it, I was also thinking of side cameras ? I thought I would just leave the regular back up camera and screen alone and ad new for the other cameras,
    I really am not sure about the side mount cameras I don't want to jeopardise my paint job? and I am not sure where they would mount? Maybe they have Mirror mounts?
    Where is a good place to look at or purchase this kit?
    Anyway anyone with any info Fire Away !!!

Thanks for any info !!!!!!!!!

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

I recently installed a Total Vision rear view camera purchased through Coachworx and self installed. I could not be happier. It is magnitudes better than the camera that came originally on my '03. I did have to pull new wires to the back, but it was worth it. Camera is bright and clear, it has servos and automatic settings for "Rear View" and Hitch View", and can be aimed any direction from control pad on dash. In hitch view you can see your entire rear bumper. In rear view it is like having a rear view mirror in your car.

No side cameras here. The mirrors are great as far as I am concerned.
    John & Janene Browder
    Knoxville, TN
    2008 Marathon H3-3S

Our Navigator had cameras mounted on the bottom of each side mirror.. they were chrome and looked really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by lbriant View Post
    Anyone have any good info on cameras,
    I have a Back up camera on my coach but I am going to a stacker trailer and need a camera installed on it, I was also thinking of side cameras ? I thought I would just leave the regular back up camera and screen alone and ad new for the other cameras,
    I really am not sure about the side mount cameras I don't want to jeopardise my paint job? and I am not sure where they would mount? Maybe they have Mirror mounts?
    Where is a good place to look at or purchase this kit?
    Anyway anyone with any info Fire Away !!!

Thanks for any info !!!!!!!!!

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Total Vision will sell you direct and they have side cameras and controllers to scroll through the different cameras that have been installed,they are not cheap but the quality is excellent.

Thanks guys !!
    Lots of good info to process,
    I also was wondering about the back up cameras with night vision? they have like a ring of infered lights around the camera? do they work well at night?
    Thanks to everyone !!!

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Larry,
    My coach has a SONY camera and monitor fitted. Our stacker trailer had a mangled off-brand camera on it so it needed replacement. I contacted Tim at RVcams http://www.rvcams.com hoping that he could match my Sony camera. He went way better, supplied me with a compatible replacement and suppled all of the cabling, plugs and gender changers needed. I am satisfied with the service and price.

Thanks Charles,
    I also have a sony in our coach,,Works great, just need to install one on the stacker,
    and at 76ft long I wouldnt mind some side cameras although I can do without them
    Thanks for the info !!!
    Line up the Wagons boys were headed south for AZ

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley