Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glass Class

dalej Guest

Question The Glass Class

Ray and I have talked about the subject of glass replacment. We were wondering how many of you would like to know how to, or see how to replace a windshield. You would need to have a couple of tools to do the job. I can bring the glass and the tools to POGIII. I just want to know the interest from the group. We have a long time, (but it goes fast) untill we meet in Kerrville, Texas. Nebraska plays Texas in a few weeks for the Big 12 conference by the way. I will be putting in a windshield in my coach in the next couple of days so I will post pictures. It will show the basics of it.

Dale, I think I wrote something up on this but did not take pictures. I think if you do this with photos it may show others who are hesitant just how easy it is. The hardest part is actually getting the glass without getting screwed. I knew I needed one so I picked up two (a spare) when I went through Jacksonville the last time.

dalej Guest

Don't go to far Jon, your name came up on this one! You are going to Kerrville aren't you?

Definitely going to Kerrville. I want to watch you slide that glass in.

Default Glass class

Dale,

Count me in

I have a cord that is bunching up on one of my windows, and I would like to see how to remove it and re-install it. I'm sure that I would learn how to fix it after seeing your "glass class".

Thanks for offering to do the Glass Class.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Dale,
    Post pictures... I have a top glass cracked and hope I don't have to get to it from over the driver position inside.

dalej Guest

Tom you can change it from the outside. Are you going to do it before April?

Dale,

What i've read from Jon it sounds like even a mango man couid attempt this change so I'm in for a demo in Kerrville. If you attempt before POG III please some pixs - I know my time is coming.

MIke

dalej Guest

The weather in Nebraska was in the 70's today so I went out and changed the drivers windshield. I had just changed it two weeks ago. We are going to have this as a learning session (Glass Class) at POGIII if Ray and the boys say so. In the mean time you can go to http://midwestleds.com/WinshieldReplacement06.htm to see how I do it! If you have any questions call me. It takes about one hour to put a glass in. I do it by myself, I think it would be better if someone held the end while you start the glass.

Oh I almost forgot.....HAPPY THANKGIVING, we have so much to be thankfull for.

Dale,

Great Job on the HOW TO: Thanks for taking the time to make it happen. If I do need to tackle the job it'll be with new found confidence.

MIke