Thread: Engine belts air bags empty overnight

Default Engine belts air bags empty overnight

In the last 2 weeks the engine belt air bags are empty overnight. Using soapy water as suggested to check for leaks found nothing.
    Do the mini air bags leak so slow they are hard to detect ?

Al,

The "mini air" bags deflating may be a symptom, rather than the problem. The belt tensioning air bags are supplied by the aux air system. A small check valve in the supply air line to the belt tensioning air bag regulator maintains the pressure on the air bags in the event of a leak down in the aux air system. However, if the check valve leaks back, you will notice deflated air bags. When checking the air bags, don't forget to check the air regulator and vent valve that supplies the air bags. It has proven to be a consistant source of leaks. The regulator is located on the rear of the engine compartment, above your head when you open both engine compartment doors.

If your aux air has a leak so great than your aux air compressor can not make up the loss, a noticeable symptom can be the loss of pressure on the air bags.

If you look through the pictures on the link below, you will see what a minor leak looks like on the vent valve located on the supply regulator for the air bags. This leak was discovered on GMC Buffalo's rig this summer while I was in Oregon. The fifth picture show the air leak in the vent valve.

http://texasdrifters.blogspot.com/20...c-buffalo.html

If you are going to the Austin Rally, bring this to my attention and I will be glad to point these items out to you. As frustrating as it can be to have leaks in the Prevost suspension, remember the exceptional ride these machines provide. With a little knowledge, these leaks can be managed. 95% of my air leaks have been in air fittings, not component failures.

When I purchased my bus, suspension air leaks were common. I found that unless I was willing to have Prevost raid my wallet on a regular basis, I needed to learn how to manage these small leaks. If I can do it, anybody can.

Hector

Thanks, Hector for your reply to my mini bag leak down. I'll be traveling this weekend to Austin Rally and appreciate your imput.
    Look forward to meeting you