Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: electric hot water heaters

Default electric hot water heaters

my electric waters heaters do not seem to be working properly or at least one. i am assuming there are two since there are two breakers. the problem is that the water will only get warm and not a large supply. can someone advise first where is the hwh and what might be my problem its a 2005 CC conversion thanks pat chism

Your cc is set up like my Legendary. What every cc did, Legendary did. There are two brakers so you can budget your electric usage when needed. One will work on your webasto but both will work on electric. Check the thermosdat, it should be on the top water heater. Mine is labled water heater #1. unscrew the chrome plate covering the electrical leeds. Be careful as this is real electric! You will see a dial with temperatures on it just like at home. Set it where you need it and see if that helps.

It is also possible that the over temperature has been activated by the coolant from the Detroit diesel,when you remove the chrome cover press the reset.

Hey guys, please add a signature, it will help with identifying the year and converter.

thanks guys but tell me where to find it. i have looked i maybe not recognizing it. i can turn on the furnace and it its fine is it tied in with it?

Can't say for sure on your bus but on mine you would check drivers side 3rd bay - water manifold, outside faucet, paper towel dispenser etc, remove the outer cover and you would find two heaters stacked along with your pump.

Hope this helps.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

My water heaters are on the passenger side in the 4th bay just behind the basement air bay. I think 2005 cc are located in the same place.

how do you get to them thanks pat

This problem could be more complex than the responders think. I have spent days and dollars trouble shooting a problem with one of my two heaters, in my 2002 CC, not heating up to the same temp it used to, or to the same temp as the other heater, when the electric switch is activated. If you are still having a problem, let me know, and we can discuss my experience.

Paul Chelew pgchelew@gmail.com

Paul,

The hot water heaters are pretty simple appliances. What was the problem you had? Sharing may help us all at some point in time.

Original poster,

FWIW, my two heaters are also stacked behind the panel in the third bay. You can see them by taking off the water filter access panel. If yours are there, just remove the outer panel to access them. The most likely problems include the thermostat and heating element.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion