Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CC Bus air condition problem

Default CC Bus air condition problem

I need to find a Sanden Compressor TM31HD with Part# 0630-9620 Ser#9694789076 and will try Red Dot and Omega which I found via a Google search, on Monay....any help?> My "Oldie" does not have a Prevost Tecumseh unit at all, so I am looking for this one to provide for me and my gal while driving. Been using Cruise airs but am willing to give it a try now that I have someone knowledgeable to work on it. Thanks

Is this the CC Over The Road A/C. I have a 99 CC and this is the compressor I have been using. This is who makes the compressor or imports it, http://www.valeocompressors.com/
    You can get them at discountacparts.com. There part #60-02464 NC. (They are only $1095.00) with 12 month warranty! Good luck.

Thanx, I will give them a call Monday AM. Am in Nacogdoches now working on it. Hope to get one sent pronto so I can go home. Maybe I ought to to via Monroe?

Roger,

If you are running R12 freon, as I am, you will need to drain the oil (PAG) from the compressor and refill with mineral oil for R12 refrigeration service. That is the method I used and have been running a replacement compressor for three years with good service. I ordered my R12 from Ebay ($450 for 30#). Be sure to perform a through leak check to insure longevity.

Just a reminder.

Good Luck,
    Hector

Thanx for the heads up, Hector, but mine has been changed to 134a previously. Trying to figure out for sure if CC did the AC or if one of the PO did the job as there doesn't seem to be any evidence of ever having a Prevost Bus Air compressor (Tecumseh) in this one.

I was told by a prior owner to not even try to keep the chassis A/C working, that it is a hopeless cause - run the roof air. Curious if there is strong opposing experience from CC owners?

Liam, Our 93 dash air (with galley and bedroom units attached) was converted to 134 by the previous owner. Same hoses as R12 used. If I recall correctly, Prevost wanted "about" $4,000 to change out the hoses for 134. We have some leakage, amounting to giving the unit a charge twice a year. Normally about 12 oz. Dash air works fine and my only complaint is the fogged up windows at night from the cold air hitting them. I've been through two clutches and one compressor (technician broke the compressor pulling the clutch off) in 7 years.

Its important to keep all fans on high speed on our bus or the units freeze up, even when properly charged. Maybe dirt on the coils, but they look fine.

Liam,

I think the previous owner was full of it when he told you to not even think about keeping the dash air going. I'm on my 4th bus with dash air and yes the compressor's may only last a couple years, but they're 239.00 each, so in the grand scheme of things that's chump change. The key is making them leak free by using using high pressure nitrogen, vacuuming and changing the dryer. When working properly, the CCI/York Compressor does a good job considering the amount of space your trying to cool. I see today there was a new ER210L-25149 on e-bay for 189.00.

I agree with Tom.

I have reworked both of my ACs on my 1995 CC and they have worked great. It is important to get your AC system leak free for reliability. With the high temperatures in Texas this past summer, my dash and salon AC worked to keep the coach cool. Only when the temperatures were 100 plus did I turn on the roof airs. The dash air blowing cool air on me works for me.

Hector

Truk, you mention CCI (Country Coach Inter) with York compressor (?) I have a Seldan and having found one that I was going to order tomarrow, would love to save some $$$ . What can you tell me about the YORK?