Thread: CC Bus air condition problem

Hybrid View

Default CC Bus air condition problem

I need to find a Sanden Compressor TM31HD with Part# 0630-9620 Ser#9694789076 and will try Red Dot and Omega which I found via a Google search, on Monay....any help?> My "Oldie" does not have a Prevost Tecumseh unit at all, so I am looking for this one to provide for me and my gal while driving. Been using Cruise airs but am willing to give it a try now that I have someone knowledgeable to work on it. Thanks

Is this the CC Over The Road A/C. I have a 99 CC and this is the compressor I have been using. This is who makes the compressor or imports it, http://www.valeocompressors.com/
    You can get them at discountacparts.com. There part #60-02464 NC. (They are only $1095.00) with 12 month warranty! Good luck.

Thanx, I will give them a call Monday AM. Am in Nacogdoches now working on it. Hope to get one sent pronto so I can go home. Maybe I ought to to via Monroe?

Roger,

If you are running R12 freon, as I am, you will need to drain the oil (PAG) from the compressor and refill with mineral oil for R12 refrigeration service. That is the method I used and have been running a replacement compressor for three years with good service. I ordered my R12 from Ebay ($450 for 30#). Be sure to perform a through leak check to insure longevity.

Just a reminder.

Good Luck,
    Hector

Thanx for the heads up, Hector, but mine has been changed to 134a previously. Trying to figure out for sure if CC did the AC or if one of the PO did the job as there doesn't seem to be any evidence of ever having a Prevost Bus Air compressor (Tecumseh) in this one.

I was told by a prior owner to not even try to keep the chassis A/C working, that it is a hopeless cause - run the roof air. Curious if there is strong opposing experience from CC owners?