Thread: Locked out!

Default Locked out!

I left the coach this morning and locked the door's dead bolt. Upon return, I unlocked the door (deadbolt) but the handle would not open the door. I can look through the driver's window and the door's air lock has engaged. How that happened I don't know; I'm the only one on board and have no pets that could have engaged it. Is there any thing I can do to disengage the air lock, I.e. drain the air line or the tank? Will that even work?

Bleed the air from the coach and it should retract.

You can bleed aux air easiest in the steer compartment either at the schrader valve or the bleeder port on the bottom of the regulator water trap.

Richard, a similar thing happen with our coach after I started it and it was airing up. A quick call to Jon, bled the air and presto the lock retracted. Later I discovered while cleaning afterour last trip, I either hit the door air lock button or knocked it with the vaccuum. I also noted that cutting the chassis power/battery switches in back did the same thing. Good luck
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 09-14-2011 at 01:27 PM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Bleed the air from the coach and it should retract.

You can bleed aux air easiest in the steer compartment either at the schrader valve or the bleeder port on the bottom of the regulator water trap.

Problem solved Jon, thanks for your help. I bleed the line and it retracted partially (enough for the handle to engage) and when back on board the switch was turned off and fully retracted. Now the mystery of discovering how the switch got thrown in the first place. Thanks again to you and Jim for your quick response and help.
    Richard and Audrey Barnes
    and Jessie Jane The Wonder Dog!
    1998 Liberty
    2008 Saturn VUE

My Blood Runs Deep Orange

Richard:

Glad to hear you are back inside the bus - that's a definite plus.

The first real test this year of how Orange that blood is will be this weekend in Gainesville. Let us hope that the key players won't wind up in jail.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster View Post
    Richard:

Glad to hear you are back inside the bus - that's a definite plus.

The first real test this year of how Orange that blood is will be this weekend in Gainesville. Let us hope that the key players won't wind up in jail.
    I'm nervous about this weekend! We may both lose some to jail time if the reports are accurate!
    Richard and Audrey Barnes
    and Jessie Jane The Wonder Dog!
    1998 Liberty
    2008 Saturn VUE

My Blood Runs Deep Orange