Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liberty RV Park

Default Superman

[QUOTE=Jeff Bayley]Tuga-

At 2am in the morning you can pretty much get away with anything you want there if your bold (stupid? like me). I finally found one of the special keys that these faucets use to keep people like me out. You can use a socket set to make it work in the absense of the correct tool which is what I did.

Jeff,

I can't stop laughing; this is great!

Do you drive around at 2 AM to look for the parking places? It would seem that that would be the best time of day to do it. I have had calls from my friends warning me not to park in the city because of the terrorism issue.

I can't believe that you dump your grey water in NEW YORK CITY!

Thanks for the help, but I think I'll stick with Liberty RV Park.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Say Jeff, I noticed a small detail I your last post. On 10-31-06 you were traveling with your fiance Stefanny that can,t cook. Today you are traveling with your wife. I wondered about your silence for the last 30 days. Are congratulations and best wishes in order or was that just a slip of the keys? We can celebrate at POG III.

Default NYC Info

Hi Tuga,

I grew up behind the Statue of Liberty in NJ...it is a good and bad thing...at POGiii I can take as much time as you want to talk to you and Karen about the world's greatest town ( if you bring a LARGE pile of money...then it is a great town)

I got the Jotto desk for my coach computer but they shipped it to my Florida address and not the California one where the coach is...looks like it will do the job...thanks for the info

All the best to all POGGERS !!

Mike & Jean Simmons

98 Country Coac/03 Grand Cherokee

Jeff Bayley Guest

Jim- To answer your question, I'm still engaged. I flip flop back and forth between "wife" and "fiance". Guess I should pick one and stick to it.

Tuga- Yes, 2am is a great time to find parking and get around New York with less traffic of course. I like driving at night many times even on the highway. Truckers do also I noticed.

The more people reply saying "I can't belive you park in New York" the more I realize I'm and odd bird. And I thought I was the sane one all this time.

Mike:

Bayonne? Jersey City? Kearney? Hoboken?

A former Secaucus boy.

lewpopp Guest

Jeff, you have to be the craziest dude in the country. NYC is another country and no one knows the language. There are more crazy people per square mile in NYC (not locked up) than any place on earth.

PHEW !!! You tired me out with the story. All I could picture some drunk or crazed person lighting your coach up. They would sooner pee on your coach than look at it. That story beongs in "Ripleys Believe It Or Not"

I am from New York State (260 miles away) and there is not one person who lives around the city that would try anything like that.

Really now, are you sure you aren't bull$hitting us?

Lew

Default Bayonne Boy

Jon,

I grew up in Bayonne and went to high school in Jersey City...behind the Colgate clock...got to be a local to understand that...went to college in Jersey City also...Jesuits for 8 years!!!

All the best to POGGERS !!!

Mike & Jean

98 Country Coach/ 03 Grand Cherokee

PS...Jon...I do need to get back to you o set up the work I need done when I take the coach to Mira Loma soon..Mike

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Pictures to prove it

Lew-

I got pictures to prove the New York City tour. I put the link in one of the other posts but here it is again.

http://www.skincarepro.com/laserbusny/ny_pics.htm

A couple pictures are not from NYC. One if on the water in a parking lot in Cape Cod and the one of me hanging out the drivers side window is in Camden Maine in the fog. All the others are NYC. The one of the gal and guy in the chairs on the sidewalk are two people that worked for me at the time and that picture is where I camped in Rockafeller Center. If you look closely you can see the flag poles in backgroud characteriztic of the center courtyard at Rockafeller Center. I can't belive my mirrors never got ripped off by another bus or truck honestly. It wasn't until we almost were ready to leave that I got the bright idea to start putting the mirrors in when I parked by loosening them with a socket. In many cases, I'd look out the window and see other trucks and buses coming uncomfortably close but it was never enough to make me throw in the towel. All I can tell you is that I never had one bad thing happen. Nobody ever threw a bottle at the bus, nobody ever peed on my tires or put a bannana in the tail pipe. I'll see if I got some more photos to post. I got some great pictures of me pretending to be homeless in a sleeping bag on the sidewalk.

Oh, one time while driving around there, my mirror kissed a passenger bus mirror because it was so tight. We were driving at Hwy speed on the approach to the Lincoln Tunnell on the NJ side. No damage. The lanes are so freaking tight there there was nowhere to go. That was the only thing that happened besides my $1,500 or so contribution to NYC from my parking tickets. If you consider what an apartment cost to rent or a hotel ($300-$400 a night) then $1,500 ain't bad considering I was roving about in the jungle for 9 months. I'll go back and do it again.
    Last edited by Jeff Bayley; 12-02-2006 at 03:30 AM.

Default 'New York kinda Mind'

Jeff. Are you sure you didn,t work for CNN as a Foriegn Correspondent.!!!!
    How do you cope in the midlands?
    I think you are our Resident 'Go To Guy' for Traveling 'where no man has gone before'
    Keep them coming.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Jeff, From those pictures it looks like your bus IS low in the rear end. Anybody else have an opinion here? The hight on the back should be a little higher than the front. Those rubber skirts on Jeffs look like they are almost at the lip of the rim. On ours the bottom of the rubber skirt is only mabye an inch or so lower than the top of the tire but in any case the rear is supposto be higher than the front.