Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Marathon slides

Default 2005 Marathon slides

This is my first post on this site and have been a member for several months. I am looking at a 2005 Marathon D/S. Does anyone know if this vintage slides are Provost, Valid or HWH.

Wilbur,.

Is this coach your looking at anywhere on the internet? Is it a XLII or H3-45? Do you know what the coach number is? Either case, being a 2005 Marathon so most likely a 2004 shell, it will have Prevost installed slides.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Jim, thanks for the info. It is an H3-45-- not sure the coach no.

Well, Welcome Wilbur (the NEW www!).

I have no answer to your question as I am learning myself, but I do know that a signature line will help the crew here, especially once you have found your bus.

Wilbur
    I have a 2005 Marathon XLII 2 slide. My slides are Prevost, with pins and as told 3 generation style. I have had pin noise (1) and have fixed that problem. If I can help you with your questions let me know.
    Last edited by BoaterAl; 09-01-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks for the reply's. I hope to be a new owner shortly and I am sure there will be other questions later. Thanks for letting us be a member of your community.
    Wilbur and Bobbie McLamb
    Myrtle Beach, S. C.
    843 272 1209
    2008 Marathon #1100

Wilbur,

Whether you do it via the open forums or you do it via email or Private Messages the time to ask a lot of questions is BEFORE you commit to buying a coach. Deciding to buy a coach is a great idea, deciding to buy a specific coach should prompt the most questions before you stroke that check.

Obviously since you are on a site populated by Prevost owners we are all likely to support your decision to join us. But unless you are a battle scarred veteran of purchasing coaches there is so much helpful information and advice that will make your purchase a wise one this is the place to get that information. We all have learned from our experiences and most of us are more than willing to help others by sharing those experiences. Don't be shy. Don't be ashamed of any of your questions. Ask as many as you can think of.

We may actually provide correct answers although that is not a promise.

Jon, thanks for the reply. I am a former Prevost owner having owned an '01 Thompson. Don't even know if Thompson is even in business now. However I sold it in '03 because I did not have the time to use it because of my work load. I have recently retired from the real estate industry, and now I have some extra time. I am now in the market to buy another. I am 68 years old and want to play for a few years. .....wondering what the median age of Prevost owners is today? Looking forward to meeting you folks @ a POG Rally soon.
    Wilbur and Bobbie McLamb
    Myrtle Beach, S. C.
    843 272 1209
    2008 Marathon #1100

Wilbur, a friend of ours recently this year sold her 2005 Marathon Number 874 XLII 2 slide with less than 50,000 miles on it with new tires and batteries and a special custom Silver Leaf digital dash, and fully serviced chassis for $475,000 to give you a benchmark.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

As a prevous owner you don't need us for general questions, but as you zero in on a particular coach or converter this is the place to aks questions. We particularly like spending other people's money so keep our need to live vicariously through you in mind.

Rick Thompson stopped operations several years ago. He has some strong supporters on this site because of his excellent phone support. I have no clue about the average age, but you and I at 68 are not anywhere near the oldest. Come to our Austin rally Oct.3-7. You will enjoy this bunch of independent souls who are bankrupting the social security system.