Thread: Entertainment Upgrade Complete

Hybrid View

What's a VCR?

I paid $1600 for my first VCR. How could anything ever get better at home watching a movie. Start /stop anytime and if you did'nt understand just backup and repeat.

Liv-in large

I paid $1600 for my first VCR. How could anything ever get better at home watching a movie. Start /stop anytime and if you did'nt understand just backup and repeat.

Liv-in large

Quote Originally Posted by BoaterAl View Post

Liv-in large
    I must have gotten a bargain...I only paid about $1400.00 for my JVC. Big, heavy and you could hear the motors run and the tape squeaking sometimes, but like you said, it was the only game in town and it was neat to backup to watch something again. Mine had a WIRED remote...about a 30' cable on it to reach where you were sitting! Ahhhh...those were the days!

Hey Jon, a quick fix for your flashing VCR clock, just put some black electrical tape over it. Problem solved!!!!!!

Charles,

I think you have me confused with someone that cares. I let stuff like that flash because it drives the techies crazy. I know what a VCR is, but what is an HDMI, a Blu-Ray, a Spotify, android app, Spotimote and a WiFi? Wait....don't tell me, because next week it will all be obsolete.

We still have 78 RPM records (the kind that break), vinyl records, cassette tapes, etc. We don't have Beta or four track because that fast paced technology passed us by.

Russ:

FINALLY! Someone after my own heart!

When the financial batteries are recharged from the purchase of our rig, something like this is what I would like to do. I really like the Crestron system and want to keep an updated version of it, but after so many years of HDTV watching a BluRay via RCA to a Standard Def TV is painful!

It's just good to know that you aren't alone!!!!