Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: La Hacienda - High Water Pressure

Expected. But I am not ashamed. I am a rookie!

The first coach is a very steep learning curve. Even though the seller may spend time explaining everything the information comes at you so fast it is impossible to absorb it all. The worst part is you don't know what you don't know.

The best thing a new-to-Prevost owner can do is come to a rally and ask questions. You don't even have to focus on Liberty owners because a whole lot of the learning relates to the bus as well. Everything we need to know is on the internet, or in the manuals that come with the coach, but there is no sustitute for having another more experienced owner reach up and show you how to take the tension off the belts so you can change one by turning a valve, or show you how to press the two arrow buttons to check transmission fluid levels, or where to shoot temperature readings on your Cruise Airs. Before you decide how you want to modify your coach to suit your needs you will get a chance to see what others have done. You will learn from collected experience the really important things if you take the time to ask questions.

The point is that every one of us gains experience just after we need it. Rather than relying on experience the rally is going to be a great place to have others help you climb that steep learning curve.

Exactly why I will be there! I am going to have to drive the whole way, as Natalie scheduled her shoulder surgery for right before the Rally so that she can piggyback the time off for surgery with the mini-vacation.

I'am with you Karl just learning. Before I had my gallon of coffee one morning I responded to a message here from the year 2007. One little slip and you are fair game.

Point well taken, Jon

Quick question.... are we suppose give Jon high fives when he has good information ?

Nobody should give me high fives. First, how do you know I am not making it up? Second, how do you know it is right?

Instead of high fives I want you to give me Maddie. Gary Stevens won't give me his pups.

Quote Originally Posted by BoaterAl View Post
    I'am with you Karl just learning. Before I had my gallon of coffee one morning I responded to a message here from the year 2007. One little slip and you are fair game.

Point well taken, Jon

Quick question.... are we suppose give Jon high fives when he has good information ?
    That made me LOL! I'm looking forward to Austin for just this reason.

Also reminded me that when we left the rig last weekend we got to our driveway, 3 hours away, when Natalie says "I don't think I turned off the coffee pot". No calls yet from the KOA, so it probably didn't burn down. If it did, I will try to borrow my gallon of coffee from you.