Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: La Hacienda - High Water Pressure

Default La Hacienda - High Water Pressure

Sorry for the thread creep, but didn't know where else to put this bit of information.

La Hacienda in Austin has VERY HIGH WATER PRESSURE coming out of their faucets. I recommend everyone have a fresh water in line pressure regulator on your hose's.

Last year I blew off a line in my water bay, because I didn't have the in line regulator.

I think regulators come standard on all CC models ?

Hope this helps.

I believe they are standard on Liberty as well 45psi? correct me if i am wrong.

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

Thanks Gary....appreciate the heads up!

You most likely still need one on the faucet to protect your hose itself. My hose is on a retractable reel, so if I burst it I have some crawling around to do in the water bay when I get home. I don't like the ones pre set to a certain pressure cause they never seem to obtain that pressure so I use one that is adjustable with a dial indicator for displaying the pressure. I think most all the buses have an internal regulator but that doesn't protect the hose. Say a really nice Prevost on I82 going down the Columbia River Gorge yesterday, was it a Pogger?

Charles, what is a Southern Boy like you doing up here in Yankee Land?
    If you get to Walla Walla give a shout.

Perhaps Tom can move the portions of this thread so we don't lose the original intent. But to add to the thread creep everybody needs to understand that while campgrounds with either excessive pressure or low pressure are not that common it does happen. When you do experience that the easiest way to deal with it is to use your coach water system and only use the camground water to fill your tank.

For high pressure situations connect your hose and before turning on the campground water, open your tank fill valve. Then when you turn on the water it is going through a hose that in essense has an open end.When the tank is full, turn off the campground water supply before shutting the tank fill valve.

It does not matter if you have a pressure limiting device on your coach or at the hose end connection. If you use the above procedure all the time (and dump your holding tank every time you refill) you will not ever have to worry about other than normal system pressures or the danger of having an overfull holding tank bubble its contents onto your wool carpet. If you absolutely, positively insist on using your autofill feature or relying on campground water pressure then you do need to limit the system pressure preferably at the faucet you connect your hose to.

Unless you use the above procedure, as Gary points out you can have connections in the coach separate, or if you have the original 75 PSI pressure relief valve such as on the Liberty HW tanks you can expect water problems.

Well LarryB I was out in Eugene having Nick Hessler do some electronic work on my CC OTR A/C. My card down in the ECC burned through a trace and the compressor would not come on and also had an over load on the PC board in the steering bay due to some heated and charred contacts. Everythings good now. Driving with a blanket on!! It was to hot in my part of the country to go south so on my long way home to Louisiana I chose to stay to the north. Besides, its prettier up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    For high pressure situations connect your hose and before turning on the campground water, open your tank fill valve. Then when you turn on the water it is going through a hose that in essense has an open end.When the tank is full, turn off the campground water supply before shutting the tank fill valve.
    Jon,

Sounds good, but my manual fill is a tiny switch I have to keep pushed to the side. Is there another way you know of?

Your manual fill does not require you to do anything other than push a switch to open the valve, and to push it again to close the valve unless Liberty has changed their system between your coach and mine.

If you look at the switches on water bay, driver's side one of them should read "tank fill" or something like that. If you press that switch and listen carfully you should hear a faint click of the solenoid valve that is over your fresh water tank opening. The annunciator light next to the switch should light when the valve is open. When you push the switch again the click of the valve closing should be heard and the annunciator light should go out.

It sounds like you are using the auto fill system.

Karl,

It sounds like you are referencing the manual fill switch from inside the bus.

Jon, is referring to the one outside....