Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rebuilding Water Bay and Gen Bay on 97 Royal

Mark,

Here is the post I made about my new tank sensors:

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...em-and-rebuild

Welcome to POG.

Mark, we had a 97 Royal and now have a 2001 Royal, we use our machine a little different than some and dry camp a lot. Look forward to what you might be doing. If you will want to do some dry camping the Water Waster-Headhunter could run you dry. I know others think it is the greatest, but I wish I had the Microphor now.

Ed
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

I haven't checked in for a few days but this is all so great information and pictures. Especially the information on what material to use on the generator buy rebuild. It is not lined with anything but plywood so I will line it with sheet metal or aluminum I suppose.

Mark, I cannot speak for all converters, but the generator boxes I have seen appear to be insulated against noise or for fire protection or both. The quietest boxes I have seen are typically a box within a box. In other words a complete generator enclosure within the bay itself. Those are also provided with a lining that is usually a foam multi-ply material that has what appears to be different density foam with lead and other materials laminated to form a sheet. This usually makes for very quiet generator operation which as time goes by is more and more appreciated. That is not to say this material is the cat's meow. Some material of this nature eventually deteriorates and has to be replaced, while some shows no signs of wear after a decade or two. I am one of the lucky ones in that my sound deadening material is 15 years old and is holding up very well and the generator is very quiet.

I think if you find the right material you will be happy because while a loud generator is tolerable, after time it gets annoying. A quiet generator is very high on our list of things we must have.