Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear mudflap for a Prevost

Well to be honest I really just wanted it just because of the look.

Chris, I agree with you about flap doing more damage than good. I had one on it that I bought from IBP industries and yes boy this tahoe and the previous one are pelted with rock chips!!

So that's my reason I'm going call liberty and see if they would sell me one. I know before I bought the one from IBP I tried to buy one from Country Coach and there was no way the would sell me on! I was even a member of there club with my previous coach a plastic coach,maybe that was why? I bet they would now!

Sid,

If you can't get one from Liberty, I'll sell you mine.

Only thing is........ the bus goes with it

This is interesting. Jennifer was very worried about her GX being towed without protection. As of now, we have dragged it almost 35k miles over the past couple of years and it is no worse for the wear. Sure there are a few little chips on the bumper, but no windshield damage and the front end is still in very good shape (at least from being towed - operator inflicted damage is another matter) . We don't have the big flap, just the flaps behind each set of tires.

Sid: I removed mine and (I think) discarded it for cooling reasons when I purchased my Liberty. I can't recall exactly how it was mounted, but there is still remaining on my coach a welded to the frame 1" lip with holes in it to which I believe the mud flap was mounted. My point is that the mounting of the Liberty mudflap may be a p--- i- t-- a--. Check out someone else's installation before you make the plunge.

Well I spoke to Troy at liberty coach what a class act! Told me no problem to call back on Monday and talk to the parts manager for price. But now after reading more of the post maybe I'm going to try it for a little bit without one. They do look good when your in a park and you have your bus dumped to the ground. Will let ya know how much they are on Monday. Maybe Paul your deal might sound cheap!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by joelselman View Post
    Sid: I removed mine and (I think) discarded it for cooling reasons when I purchased my Liberty. I can't recall exactly how it was mounted, but there is still remaining on my coach a welded to the frame 1" lip with holes in it to which I believe the mud flap was mounted. My point is that the mounting of the Liberty mudflap may be a p--- i- t-- a--. Check out someone else's installation before you make the plunge.
    Out of curiosity I checked out mine. There is a length of channel welded to the frame, to which the rear mud flap is bolted.

Looks like this might be a little more involved than simply ordering up the flap....

Talk to the parts guy and the cost is $685.00 plus shipping. I asked about the installation and he made it seem like no big deal. I will have to check into it a little more. I know how you have to be careful hen welding on our coaches! Paul could you post a picture if you have a chance?

No problem.

I should be able to post it for you tomorrow...

Thanks Paul,hope it's not to much trouble.

Default Liberty Mud Flap

Sid,

Between the showers this morning I managed to grab a couple of quick pictures.

P8240395.JPG

P8240400.JPG

Hope this helps a little.