Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rear mudflap for a Prevost

Paul,so that piece of angle iron is welded to the bottom where the hitch is all the way across? Thanks for doing that. My last flap the guy drilled and put eye hooks in and then hung the flap like they do on CC. The nice thing about the way liberty does it is it doesn't hang as low to get bent whenever you go in and out driveways. Do you think you can bolt the angle iron to the bottom?

Thanks again for going out in the rain!!! Wish you could send some to Texas!!!!!

Sid,

There are actually 2 pieces of angle, each 28" long, that are welded in place (one on each end). There is no actual support in the center and this does not appear to be an issue.

I do not see any practical way of bolting these brackets in place. Tack welding looks to be the answer.

And, yes, the way Liberty does the installation, the mud flap is tucked nicely up against the bus and doesn't drag on the ground like others I've seen.

Once I got up close and personal with my rear mud flap to photo it for Sid, I realized just how dirty and crappy it looked.

So, I asked myself... "What would Jon do...?"

Well I knew the answer without really having to ask it.... take the mud flap off, clean, prime and paint the brackets that hold it on, clean both sides of the mud flap and then reassemble everything.

Or.... just leave it off

But I figured the next owner just might want their bus the way Liberty intended it to be so I went with the first option. Posting a couple of pics so you can see how this is put together...

P8300397.JPG

P8300394.JPG

P8300396.JPG

The bus actually didn't look bad without the mud flap and it sure makes it a lot easier to get under the bus from the rear without it.

And, that rascal ain't light! If you want to save several pounds.... ditch the rear mud flap!

Thanks Paul for all the pictures. I think I'm going leave mine off for awhile. Maybe when I get bored I'll look into it again.