Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: POG X Bling

I should add that there was a lot of trash talk and it was a lot of fun. I now expect a run on Chinese Awning Lanterns as sold by Camping World.

Ok Jon, if I am reading between the lines correctly, you equate this Bling Thing to people associated with the circus crowd. All right, call them what they are "Carnies". I usually don't associate with people known to be corrupt, bogus, misleading and those out to upstage the Jones (aka your neighbor) but being new to the game I may have to participate anyway. I will be sure and bring plenty of long wheel base 10's (Hundred dollar bills). They will be crisp and serial numbers sequentially numbered, don't worry, they will be good for this group!!
    Oh one more thing, since you Liberty guys have the jump on the rest of us I think there needs to be a handicapping process so us CC guys will be on a level playing field.:-)

Charles,

While it is true the King of Bling did in fact own a Liberty when he was awarded the title, please be aware the whore house decor of his coach was pure factory and thus did not figure into the equation. It is entirely possible for any conversion to be deemed the winner of the bling contest. It will not hurt of course if as a participant you go above and beyond good taste, and based on past results the saying "if it don't go, chrome it" was definitely a part of the King's strategy.

While I know other less scrupulous POG members were not adverse to trying to solicit favors from the 86 year old gal, I cannot attest to the fact that the King was so inclined. Basically, if you got it, polish it. If you cannot polish it, chrome it. If neither of the two options are available to you hang some bling on it. If all else fails, attempt to bribe the judges.

I do not recall seeing in the rules that the bling needs to make sense or tasteful.

Charles, anything goes except good taste! LED's, Flashing lights, Mirrors, Chrome, sheep, Hanging monkeys, whatever! It's kind of like Disco night.
    Last edited by garyde; 08-29-2011 at 10:52 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide