Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prevost Coach For Campaigning

If it only cost 1.1 million, how could it have a slide? Don't remember seeing one.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    As much as I can agree with this I think for the sake of POG we should keep this non-political. Off line and PM's are OK, but I saw another forum disintegrate because political and religious discussions were allowed. It polarized a group of people that otherwise previously got along real well.

But I think Pete is on to something. Why cannot there be dedicated parking sites for RVs at major attractions? I'm not sure camping overnight should be allowed, but it would be very convenient for folks with dogs or special dietary needs or who just want a place to pee with9ut sharing a toilet with 10,000 of their closest friends.
    Agree 100%...
    Ron Altman
    2005 Prevost Marathon H3-45 #892

With all the emphasis on going "green", I don't see why this bus wouldn't have worked.

All it needs is a little armor....VW BUS.jpg

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/201...ning-bus-tour/

Check the vid and count all the vehicles. Couple of thoughts come to mind -

1.) all the state troopers in MN are in tow.....

2.) what is the carbon footprint of that deal?

An American President in a Canadian Built bus... Paid for by US taxpayer dollars. (this is where I need to bite my lip and keep my American taxpaying mouth shut).

I don't think it had slide(s), but can't say for sure. I would think not as they would want to be able to get going instantly, not wait for the slide to run in first.

Our 2001 Country Coach XL 45 2 slider could be moved around with the slides out. Maybe the XLII slide interlock/parking brake mechanism could be optionalized as to allow this coach to get on the run while the slides retract??? 'Course, they would have to leave a windwo open while the slides retract to prevent ears popping.
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 08-16-2011 at 07:23 PM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

I suppose they could rig an override for it. I just can't see them really needing it. I am sure they are not going to overnight in it unless they are moving to another stop.

The article said that they bought two of them at $1.1M each. That cannot be accurate. It probably has a million dollars worth of electronics on board. Couple that with the armor and gas-tight seals (chemical attack proofing), I suspect the cost is much higher. Since its "classified" it may be years before we learn the truth, if ever.