Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for FINDER Switching Relay

Default Looking for FINDER Switching Relay

Having trouble finding:

FINDER 20.21 & 20.24 Switching Relays.
    They operate lights in different areas of the bus. We have one that keeps getting loose so thought I would replace and get a couple of spares.

Seems like it may be a special order item & I thought someone might know a good source.

Thanks in advance.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Seabyrd View Post
    Having trouble finding:

They operate lights in different areas of the bus. We have one that keeps getting loose so thought I would replace and get a couple of spares.

Seems like it may be a special order item & I thought someone might know a good source.

Thanks in advance.
    If you're speaking of a Prevost item get it from them, shipping is free.

Auto parts stores usually have them. According to Ben, Prevo's are claimed to be a little better.

This free help is based on not knowing exactly which relay you are seeking.

You mention getting loose,I mean the relay, maybe a new socket is warranted.

JIM

Try here: http://www.alliedelec.com/search/sea...FY8j7Aod_xye1w

I carry them as spares and I bought a box of ten specific for my coach. They were $2.50 each so it wasn't a hard decision to buy a box.

I believe Vantare used to aquire then from Wes-Garde, and electrical and electronics warehouse/distributor. They generally sell to retailers or manufacturers rather than individuals, but you are welcome to contact them TEL800) 554-8866 to see. We are set up with them if it happens they won't sell directly to a consumer, let me know and I will be happy to get you some.
    Ben Cummings
    U.S.A. Luxury Coaches, LLC
    Clearwater, FL

These are DIN RAIL mount impulse relays, the first is an "On/Off" and the second is a 3-step sequencing version, for the benefit of the forum, these specific relays don't appear on any other conversion except Vantare's, and is how they accomplished using multiple switch locations to operate a single lighting circuit, and their 3-stage dimming without using PWM electronic dimming for the ceiling "puk" lights. The Vantare engineering department chose this method to help avoid electronic noise from possibly being introduced into the AV equipment and causing speaker buzzing, etc.
    Ben Cummings
    U.S.A. Luxury Coaches, LLC
    Clearwater, FL

Thanks to all for the replies..

Thanks Ben.. I appreciate that.. I will call them and see what they say.

Diane

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.

Yes Jim that is the one.. I put it on my watch list.. Problem is it snaps onto a din rail and it has to be a tight fit.. being used I have no way of knowing if it snaps tight or not. I only have one that's a little loose and then the galley and stateroom lights don't work.. I can push on it & it works but it gets loose again.
    Thanks so much for that.
    Diane

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.

Ben is there a solution to make it snug again.. It is just the one that gets loose every now and then.. when I push on it it works again for awhile?? Can they be tightened up ? It works but loses contact I guess? I am going to see about a new one and a couple of spares.

Quote Originally Posted by BenC View Post

These are DIN RAIL mount impulse relays, the first is an "On/Off" and the second is a 3-step sequencing version, for the benefit of the forum, these specific relays don't appear on any other conversion except Vantare's, and is how they accomplished using multiple switch locations to operate a single lighting circuit, and their 3-stage dimming without using PWM electronic dimming for the ceiling "puk" lights. The Vantare engineering department chose this method to help avoid electronic noise from possibly being introduced into the AV equipment and causing speaker buzzing, etc.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.

Ben.. Is there anyway to make one snug again? It works it's just loose.

Quote Originally Posted by BenC View Post

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.