Thread: "Bus Technicians?" or "Old Men with Bony Knees?"

Default "Bus Technicians?" or "Old Men with Bony Knees?"

While in the Northwest part of the nation, Lee and I had a great opportunity to visit a fellow POG bus owner. GMC Buffalo, or Greg Meiling, of Wilsonville, Oregon accepted an invitation to enjoy some go ol' fashion "Bus Smack".

When on an extensive trip, I normally throw my "Texas Bubbler" leak detector in the bus. I never have used it while traveling, but on this trip I was glad I had it on board. Greg has "PM'ed" me on several occasions concerning various topics. So I thought I would ask if he was interested in any "Bus Smack" while I was in the area.

With my "Texas Bubbler" in hand, I headed to his beautiful home in the hills outside of Willsonville, Oregon. It took only a few minutes for the "hand shakes" to be over and down to business. We had our heads in the engine compartment within a few minutes looking for those illusive leaks.

What a great day we both had and it was topped off by an extraordinary meal and fellowship. Greg's Beaver is in great shape and only had a few minor leaks. but those are now resolved or will be resolved.

I need to mention the first thing I noticed at Greg's house was a "hot rod" he is rebuilding (car body was removed from the frame and frame was being repainted), a 1964 Ford Gallaxy Convertible(looked like it rolled off tthe showroom floor to to Greg's garage), and a Prevost bus (with highly polished stainless steel) parked in his corral. Plenty of things to occupy the "little boy" in all of us(it was a mini paradise of "big iorn)".

Click on the link below to see what our day looked like. The day was perfect, high is the low 70's, plenty of "Bus Smack" and we were surrounded by plenty of "boy toys". Greg and I swapped bus experiences all day, plus we "eliminated or identified" his minor leaks.

http://texasdrifters.blogspot.com/20...c-buffalo.html

Hector
    Last edited by dreamchasers; 08-14-2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: corrections

Hector and Greg,

It doesn't get much better than that!

I have to say that Hector knows his stuff, this I found first hand. I am on day three of holding 119 PSI in the braking system. I have a few items to buy before I can bring my suspension system up to pare.

Hector and Lee are great people.

Hector and Lee chase that dream.

Thanks

Greg,

Good news on the brake air holding. Concerning the aux system, let me know what the outcome is after you install the few parts needed. I feel good about your system being "tight".

Lee and I had a great time at your home.

Thanks again,

Hector