Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paranoia or What?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Usually I am more than happy to move over for merging traffic. but sometimes the people next to me that I shove into the median get a little testy.

But merging is just a single example of lack of courtesy, stupidity, or inattention. Any one got a cannon for sale?
    THIS MIGHT DO IT~

In stock here in Maine, only weighs 100#
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'll buy it how much?????????

On merging traffic:

The common sense rule used to be: if while driving, you do something which requires someone else to speed up, slow down, or turn, then you've done something wrong (with the obvious stop and go exceptions).

On paranoia:

Although I don't own a Prevost, I do own a bus that is easily confused with a Prevost.

If you tune in to the online social media sites you'll notice a couple of things. First, like minded folks find each other and they band together. This means that extreme world views are reinforced with few if any descending opinions; and second, the language is unbelievable. Folks hiding behind their keyboards let it all out, and it's not pretty. This has to push over into everyday society. Add to this the state of our economy and our unemployment rate, and I think we can conclude that there are a lot of angry, idle young people out there.

Lucky for me, I hail from the great state of North Carolina. North Carolina is a Castle Doctrine state and has a stand-your-ground law. Specifically a lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence does not have a duty to retreat from an intruder. North Carolina enjoys reciprocity with a majority of other states.

I may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean I'm not surrounded by a bunch of crazies.
    Last edited by travelite; 08-13-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Tuls View Post
    I'll buy it how much?????????
    $1,250 black powder but no guarantee that you can't overload it.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

I am with Jon on this one....It seems that the last few years have generated a mentality that says "IF I AM ENTERING THE FREEWAY, I ALSO HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY". Why not accelerate and enter the freeway ahead of cars/trucks/busses, or slow down and enter the freeway behind those on the freeway? It really chaps my south side when people entering the freeway challenge those already on the freeway by not trying to "merge" into the traffic flow. They will either enter the freeway at a slower speed forcing you to slow down, then will speed away at a speed faster than the traffic is flowing.
    I think it is the mentality of "I want whatever you have, or I want to be wherever you are".

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

I’m seeing an opportunity to design a defensive weapon that could be easily mounted in one of the bays.

Consider that we all have black water available and compressed air. By using the macerator to properly mix a small slug of say a cup of material and pumping it into a special holding tank. The tank would then be automatically pressurized using the on board air.

The warning shot could be discharged from any side of the bus by simply pushing a dash mounted button.

Just prior to slug discharge a quantity of feathers would be injected into the selected discharge line to give the appearance on impact that they had been hit by a well fed bird.

An optional gun camera would be available to for posting pictures on the forum.

Wonder if this would qualify for a patent?

Forget the canon ! I want the new on board version !

I'd just like to have a big, yellow, flashing light behind the bus.... that I could turn on for the guy tailgating me.... that says "CAUTION!! ABOUT TO FLUSH!!"

Quote Originally Posted by johnklopp View Post
    I’m seeing an opportunity to design a defensive weapon that could be easily mounted in one of the bays.

Consider that we all have black water available and compressed air. By using the macerator to properly mix a small slug of say a cup of material and pumping it into a special holding tank. The tank would then be automatically pressurized using the on board air.

The warning shot could be discharged from any side of the bus by simply pushing a dash mounted button.

Just prior to slug discharge a quantity of feathers would be injected into the selected discharge line to give the appearance on impact that they had been hit by a well fed bird.

An optional gun camera would be available to for posting pictures on the forum.

Wonder if this would qualify for a patent?
    I think you should apply for one. Glad to see that you have continued to think about this idea since we last discussed it in TN. Keep up the good work. Who knows, maybe Liberty would pick it up for an option...maybe call it the mergeinator or something...hmmmm.

I am withholding this thread from Di.

However Genius John has now gotten me to thinking such that if I can work around the back splash sure to occur we may have one installed. I never realized we have been carrying the ammo. Now I just have to work out the delivery details.