Thread: Des Beavers

Threaded View

Smile Des Beavers

Howdy all!

Thanks for having such a great site!

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce ourselves.

My husband’s name is Darrell and I’m Jennifer. We live in a small Gulf town on West Coast of Florida in the Tampa Bay area. We moved here from the SF Bay area in 2004 just in time for a slew of hurricanes. Timing is everything!

Hubby is native Californian, I’m a crazy Cannuck.

We have three hounds of the Baskerville, a Golden Doodle, a Labra Doodle and a Chi-weenie. Guess who’s the boss?

Kids are all grown up, (actually they weren’t, only in their mid-twenties, but we gave them the Sasquatch boot out the door anyway) so we could get back to more important business.

It appears, only a couple of years into our second childhood that we unwittingly got too close in to some S/S and have gotten bitten along with several mosquitoes, by the incurable MPD.

Who would have guessed?

In our younger years we couldn’t have imagined such a thing, but now it seems like such a good idea, that we can’t figure out why we hadn’t thought of it before?

Hubby now is thinking about which Cowboy boots he should to wear to match his board shorts, while I’m envisioning him in a Ralph Kramden’s bus driver suit complete with a cap.

Any hoo, we’ve got our eye on a Quad-Slide with the Creston wireless IPad system and the blue streaks of lighting on the exterior paint (that unfortunately we can’t afford), so what ya’ll think about a non-slide 1999 Marathon XLV with 138k miles. Could we or couldn't we have some fun in that?

Anything in particular we should watch out for in that year other than telephone poles and trees?

In all seriousness, we would really appreciate your advice and I’d like to take a moment to thank everyone for all the great and informative posts and in particular those of Jon W.

We look forward to getting to know you all a lot better.

Thanks for having us here!

Jen and Dee
    Last edited by Des Beavers; 08-12-2011 at 09:18 PM.