Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange amp readings - 2000 Vantare H 3-45

yes there are a few things to ck,next time you have a chance call ben or i (rick may 8138332284) and we will walk you thru the vantari systems,the inverters have the volt meter built in so no tools needed

When one inverter goes to "float charge" the float voltage that inverter wants to see 26.6vdc at it's input, while the inverter that is still in "bulk charge" wants to maintain battery voltage at 28.6vdc. If the loads are great enough downstream of the inverter in float, it will start inverting to drop the battery voltage to 26.6 while the other inverter ramps up its charge rate in an attempt to maintain the bulk and "absorption" voltage of 28.6vdc. This is normal, and always occurs at the end of the charge cycle, but usually only lasts for a few hours UNLESS you have bad batteries or extremely high load on the inverters, both of which are the most common situation that prevents the one in bulk from "finishing up" its charge cycle and dropping to float with the other inverter.
    Ben Cummings
    U.S.A. Luxury Coaches, LLC
    Clearwater, FL

I checked them individually and am in contact with Truk. Thanks for the advice. I always replace all batteries in a set. I learned that lesson a long time ago, replacing one just makes them all go bad.

Just saw this post. I'm new to this POG and don't quite know my way around yet. If it is OK I'll try to call the first of the week when I'm at the coach. Thanks.

Rick May is great! I was looking through the POG forum and saw the post concerning the issues with inverters. I was having similar issues and called Rick. He is not only a gentlemen, but also a tremendous help in assisting over the phone. He is incredibly knowledgeable about all aspects of the Prevost Coach and explains things in an easily understandable manner. I am grateful for all his insight and assistance. I just wish I lived closer so that he could take care of my Coach. Thank you Rick!!!

Bob, Start a " To Do " list and make a trip to FLorida. They have a great campsite area with full hook up's and a lot of things to do in their area.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty