Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fresh Water Tank Overflow

The autofill on my Liberty is either a Headhunter or a Headhunter modified by Liberty. With the switch set to auto the pump takes the water tank down to 20% at which time the auto fill feature opens the solenoid valve and at 80% the valve closes.

On our Libertys (Jim's and mine and others) we can use municipal water and not draw from our tank or use the pump, but the pump we are equipped with delivers a very high flow of water so we can be using multiple sources of water and there is no reduction in flow. We are not assured of ample flow on a municipal supply.

So our tanks, even when on autofill can have as much as 80% capacity, or as little as 21% capacity. When I fill manually I always dump the holding tank so I am also assured I will never have an issue with an over full tank. If I rely on autofill there is not that assurance and we are then relying on the Headhunter tank ,monitor warning us of a full tank condition. I would rather avoid what could occur if the sensor system should fail by just doing things manually because there is no automatic dumping feature for the holding tank, although we can dump via the air operated valve or macerator without stepping outside the coach.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zmax73 View Post
    I`m confused Jim. With the park water supply on, water pump on & considering all things are properly working, would you not auto fill the fresh water tank as you use it therfore keeping a full tank all the time ?
    Everything that Jon said with the addition that my way of doing things also includes being outside and paying attention when I dump. I have seen too many campers have their hose rip or somehow come out of/off of the campground sewer pipe. Very funny when it's not me. As far as I am concerned the inside button is for the other guy that looks for a dark country road

JIM

Quote Originally Posted by Zmax73 View Post
    Pete,
    Had a bad fresh water fill solenoid valve. $189 ! Tried to clean it up & adjust ,but no luck. 2001 Vantare with valve located on generator side inside the water manifold & water pump bay. It`s mounted just behind the panel inside bay & relatively easy to access. Hope this helps.
    I just ordered this valve today, apparently it in bay 5. I tried changing the tank level sensor as we thought it might be cooked and it controls the GND to the valve. No Joy, so now we will change the valve.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodriver View Post
    I just ordered this valve today, apparently it in bay 5. I tried changing the tank level sensor as we thought it might be cooked and it controls the GND to the valve. No Joy, so now we will change the valve.
    99% of the time we remove the four screws from the top of the solenoid and remove diaphragm. There are two small holes opposite of each other in the diaphragm that allow water pressure to get to the opposite side and seat it to stop the flow of water. These holes get a calcium build up. There is a spring that you need to be careful not to lose and make sure to get back I place. Usually takes about 20 mins if I get phone calls while doing it!

Sounds like I will have a spare! Thanks Donnie for that info, maybe I can clean up the original one.